General politics thread: | Page 83 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ief-censured-for-hampering-corruption-inquiry

Once again we are confronted with the basic problems of institutional organisations such as the met police. They are more concerned with their own PR and their reputation than they are with enforcing the law.
The police should stop worrying about how they look and get on with their jobs. How many lawyers and PR people did they employ to block this investigation? How much public money was wasted to save their shame and embarrassment at the institutional corruption responsible for allowing this murder to go unpunished?

Private Eye have been going on about this case for years (and about the Post Office blaming postmasters for glitches in its new computer system - the Eye should get more credit when these stories finally reach some sort of public resolution).

In this case, there's no resolution and the truth must be really murky - you don't kill someone with an axe just because he's going to spill the beans about cops sometimes talking to journalists. Digging deeper would make a good final series for Line of Duty.

This account has some stunning content.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsFails?s=09

The lengths some are going to, in an attempt to cancel GB News is extraordinary. They are Tweeting companies who advertise on GB News, telling them to stop or they'll boycott them.

What is it about the far left/FBPE types and their reluctance/fear of having a free press?

I have read that Nivea and IKEA have since stopped, citing ethics, LOL. And they are giving their reasons on Twitter.
Another very strange marketing decision, probably made by a millennial who thinks alienating a large section of the country, in favour of their wokeness principles [sic] is a good move.

Go woke, get broke.

The lengths some are going to, in an attempt to cancel GB News is extraordinary. They are Tweeting companies who advertise on GB News, telling them to stop or they'll boycott them.

What is it about the far left/FBPE types and their reluctance/fear of having a free press?

I have read that Nivea and IKEA have since stopped, citing ethics, LOL. And they are giving their reasons on Twitter.
Another very strange marketing decision, probably made by a millennial who thinks alienating a large section of the country, in favour of their wokeness principles [sic] is a good move.

Go woke, get broke.

Says the dude who wants to stop black people from kneeling out of fear it's the first stage in a Soviet invasion...

Says the dude who wants to stop black people from kneeling out of fear it's the first stage in a Soviet invasion...

I don't wanna stop anyone doing anything.
Wow, you really do change script with alarming alacrity, you're like a subject thread butterfly.

Go woke, get broke.
Like Nike?
1623838971848.png

Go woke, get broke.
Is that entirely their decision? And/or good old market forces? If they wanted to continue they could. There is no enforced cancelling. Stop blubbing.

Particularly rich from IKEA, who have withdrawn due to values not lining up with GBNews, whilst their CEO endures a 2 year suspended jail sentence for spying on staff.

I’m with Strett here. The channel, whether people like it or not, is an alternative to main stream media that many feel is necessary. Take COVID as an example, there’s been no balance to the equation at all when it comes to lockdown and the devastation it’s caused. Millions have been without a voice in mainstream media and I fully support a channel that’s willing to change that.

Particularly rich from IKEA, who have withdrawn due to values not lining up with GBNews, whilst their CEO endures a 2 year suspended jail sentence for spying on staff.

I’m with Strett here. The channel, whether people like it or not, is an alternative to main stream media that many feel is necessary. Take COVID as an example, there’s been no balance to the equation at all when it comes to lockdown and the devastation it’s caused. Millions have been without a voice in mainstream media and I fully support a channel that’s willing to change that.
I don't really get why people deem it necessary. There's plenty of right wing news organizations on the internet like Talkradio where Peter Hitchens types go and complain that it isn't 1423 and reminisce about the olden days of feudalism, cathedrals and whatever.
This is probably just going to be the same as that.

Is that entirely their decision? And/or good old market forces? If they wanted to continue they could. There is no enforced cancelling. Stop blubbing.

It's bizarre. As has been mentioned on here 'Boomers' are probably the generation with the most disposable income, yet they are being overlooked.

If I were head of marketing of a non-age specific product, selling to the public, I would not turn my back on a huge section of my target audience. It is baffling economic foot-shooting.

It's bizarre. As has been mentioned on here 'Boomers' are probably the generation with the most disposable income, yet they are being overlooked.

If I were head of marketing of a non-age specific product, selling to the public, I would not turn my back on a huge section of my target audience. It is baffling economic foot-shooting.

Boomers die, it's succession planning.

Yeah, that stupid science, who needs it? Life was so much better when we dealt with outbreaks by painting crosses on doors and burning bodies.

pesky lockdown hey! Poor old covid was quite happy without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.