General politics thread: | Page 78 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must have greater transparency showing what was spent, where it was spent and what was delivered.
The UK, in Oxford Uni and AZ, have given the world far more than pound notes.
I wonder if you are aware of the views of the people in Oxford that made that very vaccine on the ODA cuts?

The cuts are undermining projects - mid-way through - worked on by people who sequence covid across the world, make safer our food supply chains, and test coronavirus vaccines. Members of the UK scientific community, that you have every right to boast about, are being made redundant. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to hear you saying we have given the world far more than pound notes when the added value (that doesn't come in the form of a cheque to be cashed by undesirables) is exactly the sort of thing that is being damaged by this shortsighted, and hopefully doomed, policy.

e.g.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-global-britain-why-cutting-research-funding

Hungry and Chile, done well with China’s vaccine?

AZ sends a billion doses to small and medium economic countries. They just don’t shout about it.

Europe takes 400m AZ doses but is sitting on 60m doses. Has them stockpiled.

We've secured around 400m doses and so far committed to absolutely nothing beyond sending some spare doses...

You don’t seem to understand the AZ production model. It is not made in one country and exported to another. Is this deliberate.

We've purchased 400m doses. How many have made their way overseas?
How many have actually made their way here yet?

You have said a few times that we have purchased 400m doses. Purchasing is very different to having.

6 weeks ago our own vaccine programme was paused due to lack of supply.

Can you show evidence of us having 400m doses stockpiled doing nothing?

Can you show evidence of us having anything stockpiled beyond what is needed at this point for our own vaccine programme?

How many have actually made their way here yet?

You have said a few times that we have purchased 400m doses. Purchasing is very different to having.

6 weeks ago our own vaccine programme was paused due to lack of supply.

Can you show evidence of us having 400m doses stockpiled doing nothing?

Can you show evidence of us having anything stockpiled beyond what is needed at this point for our own vaccine programme?

Nobody said stockpiled lol

Nobody said stockpiled lol
So it should be simple to answer the question then. Why havent you?

You are implying that Britain is wrong because they have bought 400m doses but have not exported any to needy countries.

If you are going to make the implied criticism, why not defend it by telling us how many of those doses we actually have physically in hand in the country?and how many of those in the country are not already committed to our own programme?

I'm going say that I doubt that number is 400m.

So it should be simple to answer the question then. Why havent you?

You are implying that Britain is wrong because they have bought 400m doses but have not exported any to needy countries.

If you are going to make the implied criticism, why not defend it by telling us how many of those doses we actually have physically in hand in the country?and how many of those in the country are not already committed to our own programme?

I'm going say that I doubt that number is 400m.

Nobody is saying we have 400m. I appreciate you've embarrassed yourself recently with your racist rants and abusing scientists but this isn't the way to get one back.

We need to commit a large % of those doses we have ordered to overseas to help both save lives and lower the chances of variants to ensure you can attend the GP without a hissy fit.

Nobody is saying we have 400m. I appreciate you've embarrassed yourself recently with your racist rants and abusing scientists but this isn't the way to get one back.
I'm not the slightest bit embarrassed by any points I have made in the last few days, but pretty much the whole forum will roll their eyes at you lying again.

If you are accusing me of a racist rant I will either have the quote that proves it or a retraction please. And I mean proof according to actual real standards, not just in your made up world where you believe you can play the "dead cat on the table" trick.

We need to commit a large % of those doses we have ordered to overseas to help both save lives and lower the chances of variants to ensure you can attend the GP without a hissy fit.

What do you imagine will be done with those doses? Do you think they'll be worn as earrings?

Oh dear.

You started out as the faux righteous warrior yet again- an outfit that fits you very poorly by the way- with your implied criticism that Britain isn't doing her bit because we are sitting on all of these doses, in comparison with China. But under the most basic of scrutiny, that argument falls to bits because you can't even say how many of those purchased doses we even physically have have to use ourselves, let alone give away.

In fact, of the 400m doses ordered, I bet you can't remotely tell us how many we have actually paid for and committed to and how many are notionally reserved in case we need them, can you?

Surprise surprise, now you "didn't mean" in your pithy little comment that Britain actually had those doses to give away. That, in fact, is exactly what you meant, but you just didn't expect anyone to call you out on it.

Now, you are in full on retreat mode claiming that your criticism is that we have not committed to giving these hypothetical doses away.

Well.... https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...o-jab-the-world-by-end-of-next-year-jgms6xkz7[/QUOTE]

I'm not the slightest bit embarrassed by any points I have made in the last few days, but pretty much the whole forum will roll their eyes at you lying again.

If you are accusing me of a racist rant I will either have the quote that proves it or a retraction please. And I mean proof according to actual real standards, not just in your made up world where you believe you can play the "dead cat on the table" trick.

What do you imagine will be done with those doses? Do you think they'll be worn as earrings?

Oh dear.

You started out as the faux righteous warrior yet again- an outfit that fits you very poorly by the way- with your implied criticism that Britain isn't doing her bit because we are sitting on all of these doses, in comparison with China. But under the most basic of scrutiny, that argument falls to bits because you can't even say how many of those purchased doses we even physically have have to use ourselves, let alone give away.

In fact, of the 400m doses ordered, I bet you can't remotely tell us how many we have actually paid for and committed to and how many are notionally reserved in case we need them, can you?

Surprise surprise, now you "didn't mean" in your pithy little comment that Britain actually had those doses to give away. That, in fact, is exactly what you meant, but you just didn't expect anyone to call you out on it.

Now, you are in full on retreat mode claiming that your criticism is that we have not committed to giving these hypothetical doses away.

Well.... https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...o-jab-the-world-by-end-of-next-year-jgms6xkz7
[/QUOTE]

The problem of seeing CP as any kind of righteous warrior is his constant un PC use of remarks about the mentally ill. Start by not using the term nut nut. Follow this up by not using other derogatory remarks of those struggling with mental ill health. It does not strengthen the argument.

I wonder if you are aware of the views of the people in Oxford that made that very vaccine on the ODA cuts?

The cuts are undermining projects - mid-way through - worked on by people who sequence covid across the world, make safer our food supply chains, and test coronavirus vaccines. Members of the UK scientific community, that you have every right to boast about, are being made redundant. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to hear you saying we have given the world far more than pound notes when the added value (that doesn't come in the form of a cheque to be cashed by undesirables) is exactly the sort of thing that is being damaged by this shortsighted, and hopefully doomed, policy.

e.g.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-global-britain-why-cutting-research-funding

To all the hand wringing virtuous people in academia, who are struggling with a cut in State mandated international aid payments, please feel free to use your own money to make up the shortfall.

Oh dear.

Well.... https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...o-jab-the-world-by-end-of-next-year-jgms6xkz7
[/QUOTE]

Lmao

To all the hand wringing virtuous people in academia, who are struggling with a cut in State mandated international aid payments, please feel free to use your own money to make up the shortfall.
An interesting argument coming from the guy who, instead of just moving out of the EU, expected the government and the entire country to do it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.