General politics thread: | Page 88 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind guess :-)
Thought so. The people who try to cruise, working from home are the same as those who took the piss when we were in the office.

Anecdotally our departments home workers massively out-perform those who stayed in the office but the department is still being bloody minded in trying to get people back into offices…

That's awful.

The Mrs has suffered too WFH. I have real sympathy with those who also don't have the luxury of a room they can use as an office; folks living in a one bed flat for example, no garden or no pets allowed. Must be hell.
Our bed is about ten feet from my desk as my wife also works from home and it’s the only place I can set up.

In one sense it’s great but it’s a constant reminder even when I am on leave.

I'm not defending the government, but tell me what do you think the mental health toll would be if deaths were far, far higher? If we had far, far more cases of long Covid? If the NHS was completely overwhelmed and not only had less resources to help the mental health crisis but also all the extra people who'd be on waiting lists? What of their mental health? What of the mental health of NHS or Care staff if we ignored the virus?

There is undoubtedly a huge mental health bill to pay, for so many reasons caused by this pandemic. I just think its foolish to pretend it wouldn't be far worse if we had just ignored or shortened lockdowns.

We do need lots more conversations about it, lots more openness, lots more resources and lots more compassion. So I'll make a small start:

*hugs*

Sadly not much point as the tories have cut services so as to be non existant. This conversation like pretty much all the rest on social policy come down to money. Who will pay for these desperately needed services.

Fashionable desires not to be a marxist dont do away from this most fundamental of issues. Its inequality, stupid.

Our bed is about ten feet from my desk as my wife also works from home and it’s the only place I can set up.

In one sense it’s great but it’s a constant reminder even when I am on leave.

Same chap. My Mrs has the ‘office’ room and unlike when I shut my laptop off at the end of a working day and forget about it in the office, I find it hard to do ‘normal’ hours at home. I moved jobs during lockdown so I’m Coventry way now doing 2 days in the office, so not doing a commute everyday is nice.

I miss the environment though, and as somebody without a garden, not ever on furlough, working in busy Healthcare trading, it was bloody tough at one stage.

I’m torn - I want the option of WFH but equally agree with Stret that it’s economically not the right thing, and mentally as well.

Same chap. My Mrs has the ‘office’ room and unlike when I shut my laptop off at the end of a working day and forget about it in the office, I find it hard to do ‘normal’ hours at home. I moved jobs during lockdown so I’m Coventry way now doing 2 days in the office, so not doing a commute everyday is nice.

I miss the environment though, and as somebody without a garden, not ever on furlough, working in busy Healthcare trading, it was bloody tough at one stage.

I’m torn - I want the option of WFH but equally agree with Stret that it’s economically not the right thing, and mentally as well.
We are looking at what they call hybrid working and trying to figure the criteria.

For our department home working is the right decision subject to ensuring people’s mental health isn’t affected but there needs to be an option that suits people as well as possible.

I do like that Strett is once more showing his Marxist credentials, and showing concern for the millions who have to go into factories, supermarkets, schools etc.

Have you been to the Coventry conference yet?

Unite Union and big mate of Corbyn, McCluskey retires. 4 candidates up for election. 3 left of centre and one centre. Strait vote off. What Unite says Labour does. Pulls all financial strings. Watch this space.

A shit one
"Yeah but other countries don't contribute as much as us..." so we should get right behind the killing, the blinding, the disfiguring, and the maiming actions. Not to mention the sheer waste of tablets that have already been manufactured to save people from tropical diseases.
Important difference between not having a programme and pulling the rug from under people's feet after a programme has been put in place.

The lengths some are going to, in an attempt to cancel GB News is extraordinary. They are Tweeting companies who advertise on GB News, telling them to stop or they'll boycott them.

What is it about the far left/FBPE types and their reluctance/fear of having a free press?

I have read that Nivea and IKEA have since stopped, citing ethics, LOL. And they are giving their reasons on Twitter.
Another very strange marketing decision, probably made by a millennial who thinks alienating a large section of the country, in favour of their wokeness principles [sic] is a good move.

Go woke, get broke.
both sides think the other side is the woke, whatever fkn childish shitness that talk is

I really cant see what the fuss is about regarding GB News; its tremendous viewing.

They are filling a huge gap in the market, which has been there since Drop The Dead Donkey ended.

Bringing Andrew Neil in was a masterstroke; the similarities between "Brillo" and Henry Davenport are uncanny.

Some of the reporting is absolutely top notch; did you know, for instance, that Enid Blyton wrote the Magnificent Seven Books?

No, me neither.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows review of Akiri Kurosawa's Five Go Mad with a Chain Saw.

I really cant see what the fuss is about regarding GB News; its tremendous viewing.

They are filling a huge gap in the market, which has been there since Drop The Dead Donkey ended.

Bringing Andrew Neil in was a masterstroke; the similarities between "Brillo" and Henry Davenport are uncanny.

Some of the reporting is absolutely top notch; did you know, for instance, that Enid Blyton wrote the Magnificent Seven Books?

No, me neither.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows review of Akiri Kurosawa's Five Go Mad with a Chain Saw.
Certainly got more realism than This Time, although the parallels between Partridge and Madeley are hilarious. Did you see his Hitler Youth bit? Classic Partridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.