General politics thread: | Page 86 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try telling that to the hospitality industry.
I was talking in the context of limits to the individual freedoms of most people. There are obviously crippling constraints on hospitality. (I know because I've seen them talking about it on tv..) You as an individual are welcome to go to a pub or restaurant.

I was talking in the context of limits to the individual freedoms of most people. There are obviously crippling constraints on hospitality. (I know because I've seen them talking about it on tv..) You as an individual are welcome to go to a pub or restaurant.

The pub I used to like to frequent doesn't have the luxury of table service or a garden as it's a micro pub, set up in the embers of a dying high street, but they don't count really, eh.

The pub I used to like to frequent doesn't have the luxury of table service or a garden as it's a micro pub, set up in the embers of a dying high street, but they don't count really, eh.
Exactly. Yes. That's it. They don't count at all. That's exactly what I mean. I was saying that there are zero problems in hospitality and that all pubs and nightclubs are doing just great. Thank you for putting my point across more clearly that I had managed; I'm so relieved you're here.

The lengths some are going to, in an attempt to cancel GB News is extraordinary. They are Tweeting companies who advertise on GB News, telling them to stop or they'll boycott them.

What is it about the far left/FBPE types and their reluctance/fear of having a free press?

I have read that Nivea and IKEA have since stopped, citing ethics, LOL. And they are giving their reasons on Twitter.
Another very strange marketing decision, probably made by a millennial who thinks alienating a large section of the country, in favour of their wokeness principles [sic] is a good move.

Go woke, get broke.
Hold on a second Strett.

Have you actually read about this?

Nivea and IKEA are not saying they are withdrawing advertising- they are saying they have never tried to advertise with GBN in the first place and are asking why their adverts have been running?

Everyone knew what GBN would be; companies willing to advertise with then on Monday are not going to suddenly wet themselves after a very predictable and incredibly mild response on Wednesday.

Tell you what though- claiming they have done so really adds to the victim complex they are trying to push

I don't live in a city so warmer will be nice, I live at an elevation, so I won't get flooded.
I think I'll take a leaf from SAGE and not give a fook about how it effects anyone but me.
Correct again! SAGE give literally no fucks about anyone other than themselves; I mean, that's just blindingly obvious by the evidence of what they do and what they say.

I don't live in a city so warmer will be nice, I live at an elevation, so I won't get flooded.
I think I'll take a leaf from SAGE and not give a fook about how it effects anyone but me.
Taking sage, ludicrous selfishness, and the absurdity of thinking that anyone on earth's life and liberty won't be disrupted by this out of the equation for a moment, do you think we are doing enough or are you going to cheer on the government on this as well?

[
Hold on a second Strett.

Have you actually read about this?

Nivea and IKEA are not saying they are withdrawing advertising- they are saying they have never tried to advertise with GBN in the first place and are asking why their adverts have been running?

Everyone knew what GBN would be; companies willing to advertise with then on Monday are not going to suddenly wet themselves after a very predictable and incredibly mild response on Wednesday.

Tell you what though- claiming they have done so really adds to the victim complex they are trying to push

Andrew Neil posted they had boycotted GB news because of their alleged values.

The principal fact about the contemporary left in academia/among intellectuals is how mind-numbingly tedious their work is.
Their method is 'let's find a way to show how x or y can tendentiously be 'shown' to be racist/transphobic/'problematic'. That's it. Period.

It's the very same script written and re-written, applying the same one-track, highly dubious methodology to ever so slightly different targets. The only interest comes in finding ever more byzantine and tortuous ways to interpret perfectly normal behaviour or ideas, as something 'phobic' or 'white supremacy’.

I suspect/hope that wokedom in academia will decease or, quite probably it will just mutate into a scary delta-type variant in the end, because everyone literally dies of the sheer tedium.
Sadly, they'll probably interrupt the tedium by finding an even more extreme and ridiculous paradigm, but ho hum, I suppose at least there will be some novelty for a while.

It's so numbingly boring.

Taking sage, ludicrous selfishness, and the absurdity of thinking that anyone on earth's life and liberty won't be disrupted by this out of the equation for a moment, do you think we are doing enough or are you going to cheer on the government on this as well?

Whatever we do will be a drop in the ocean if China don't get on board.
But it'll make us all feel superior and virtuous, so there is that.

As I've pointed out, anybody who is happy/ambivalent to be locked down in perpetuity, is doing so from a position of privilege; IE their lives are unaffected (furlough, wealth, ability to WFH, etc.)

Stop furlough tomorrow and the masses will rise up out of their over used sofas, wobble their newly rotund harris into the streets, via McDonalds, and complain.

Only then will the ivory tower inhabitants, who are recommending this latest, cripplingly pointless lockdown on us, may listen. Wouldn't count on it though.
I think you will find that those who are furloughed have had their lives affected as have those who work from home. I know plenty who are desperate to get back to the office.

But then once again you only take the sound bite approach and label everyone who disagrees with your stance as ‘woke’ or privileged.

You are aware that doctors worked from home aren’t you? Not to mention those people sorting out benefits for the vulnerable…

Wasn’t it you who was saying that businesses who were adversely affected by Brexit should adapt and that there were bound to be casualties in this new utopia?

Status
Not open for further replies.