General politics thread: | Page 73 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy at work all day, can anyone give a bit of a summary?

Any bombshells?
More bombshells than the US Air force.

But you have to take them in context of who he is, what he had done in the past, what he intends to do in the future, and who he is trying to stab. It was a concerted exercise of taking a quick bit of contrition before spreading the blame absolutely everywhere other than himself, sunak, whitty, valance, some functionaries he hired himself, and Gove. In that order.

He told a lot of truth today, probably some lies, certainly some smear suggestions that cannot be disproved, and some features that were very noticeable by their absence. One example: he jumped from the horrors of Wuhan (and how they all thought it wouldn't come here / was just another swine flu (ffs) / even if it did we sh/couldn't react in the same way as the Chinese) to it being a huge surprise that it was on our doorstep. The date he gave where he realised it was getting real and gallantly sprung into action to implore the prime minister to Do Something, people were already filling up our own hospitals and I was already in two minds about taking my kids out of school. Wasn't anyone paying attention to Italy or Iran? No, they were fixated on Brexit (not that he mentioned that...)

I'll probably get accused of having perfect hindsight again now.

Incidentally, the article Carrie was "going crackers" about - drawing resources away from parallel meetings in number ten on the twin issues of coronavirus and potentially bombing the middle East - was about...
their dog. Fucking clowns responsible for many deaths and economic destruction.
Still, shut up and stop wetting the bed, snowflakes, it's only another flu.

I'm not sure what's preferable, what I meant was when Cummings speaks, his message is concise and clear and easily understandable by the public, unlike any of the others. Its more of a public speaking and confidence thing.
Starmer might have those skills, but they are buried because he has no idea what he's trying to do.
I haven't voted Labour in many years but I would absolutely love Starmer (as the nearest likely leader) to be in charge right now instead of this lot.

Been busy at work all day, can anyone give a bit of a summary?

Any bombshells?
He claimed Johnson suggested Chris Whitty inject him with covid on live TV to show the people they have nothing to fear.
This was, obviously, as China was unfolding.
For flippant comments like that, he felt it was better that Johnson wasn't in Cobra meetings so they could deal with the serious issues.

He's such a hero. #BackBoris100%

More bombshells than the US Air force.

But you have to take them in context of who he is, what he had done in the past, what he intends to do in the future, and who he is trying to stab. It was a concerted exercise of taking a quick bit of contrition before spreading the blame absolutely everywhere other than himself, sunak, whitty, valance, some functionaries he hired himself, and Gove. In that order.

He told a lot of truth today, probably some lies, certainly some smear suggestions that cannot be disproved, and some features that were very noticeable by their absence. One example: he jumped from the horrors of Wuhan (and how they all thought it wouldn't come here / was just another swine flu (ffs) / even if it did we sh/couldn't react in the same way as the Chinese) to it being a huge surprise that it was on our doorstep. The date he gave where he realised it was getting real and gallantly sprung into action to implore the prime minister to Do Something, people were already filling up our own hospitals and I was already in two minds about taking my kids out of school. Wasn't anyone paying attention to Italy or Iran? No, they were fixated on Brexit (not that he mentioned that...)

I'll probably get accused of having perfect hindsight again now.

Incidentally, the article Carrie was "going crackers" about - drawing resources away from parallel meetings in number ten on the twin issues of coronavirus and potentially bombing the middle East - was about...
their dog. Fucking clowns responsible for many deaths and economic destruction.
Still, shut up and stop wetting the bed, snowflakes, it's only another flu.

oh the irony of you choosing to side with the an arch brexiteer.

really that’s what you think? Boris is an opportunist not a brexiteer
How "pure" does a brexiteer have to be to be a brexiteer?

I've seen some online question Farage's brexit credentials.

Do you have to prove your brexit genetics go back to your grandparents? A bit like applicants to the SS?

Do you have to prove your brexit genetics go back to your grandparents? A bit like applicants to the SS?
It’s ok they just need to be able to say ‘we knew exactly what we were voting for’ with a completely straight face. If they can’t do that then they aren’t a ‘proper’ brexiteer.

Christ , until the last question it was a thoughtful response. I guess you have to wonder in boris’ case whether he truly believes in brexit. Didn’t he prepare a coulomb for remain and brexit? He saw a gap in the market so to speak (aka road to pm) and took it. I’d say farage is a brexiteer , boris probably not one despite his claims.

Agree on Jojo Rabbit. I actually enjoyed Wanda Vision before the appalling last episode...

Honestly go try Inside No 9. It's just 30 minutes long, start with episode 2, season 2. Each is a completely self-contained story, generally dark but also witty and incredibly smart.

Seen a couple of inside No 9’s - very clever. I liked the one where he takes in the homeless bloke and ends up reliant.

Christ , until the last question it was a thoughtful response. I guess you have to wonder in boris’ case whether he truly believes in brexit. Didn’t he prepare a coulomb for remain and brexit? He saw a gap in the market so to speak (aka road to pm) and took it. I’d say farage is a brexiteer , boris probably not one despite his claims.

Guilty as charged

I read your post...you are practically chomping at the bit to believe Cummings.
Indeed!?

Much of what he said was flowery and irrelevant detail added to the patently obvious truths that we all saw and called out but was denied at the time by number ten and their supporters.

I could, of course, flip it around. Are you saying that you now don't believe a word this true, arch brexiteer has to say?
:blah:

But if he's lying now...
:unsure:

...what about...?
:cuppa:

:cautious:

Oh cripes.
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.