General politics thread: | Page 201 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bullied you by giving you a choice to justify or retract? I bullied you by asking you to pm a retraction ?

What you mean is you couldn’t justify and you couldn’t possibly apologise or retract where old toms is involved

Ok Bash. I’m sure I will have collected the toys by tomorrow
Again wrong. ‘I have reported you but apologise and we’ll call it quits’. That’s an ultimatum, chap and you know it.

As for justification, did I call you racist or sexist? Again, no. You chose to read no more than the first paragraph and then took offence.

Did you read about contemporary far right politics? No, you just made an assumption and ran with it. You are still running with it now.

Really -everything in that link is not flattering at all

The media and the left call people far right to invoke the isms deliberately.
If you go past the ‘headlines’ it defines both historic and contemporary far right politics but is deliberately simplistic.

And the media and the right do exactly the same to the left. And both the left and the right do it to the centrists.

Its lowest common denominator politics and nobody comes out of that one with clean hands.

Again wrong. ‘I have reported you but apologise and we’ll call it quits’. That’s an ultimatum, chap and you know it.

As for justification, did I call you racist or sexist? Again, no. You chose to read no more than the first paragraph and then took offence.

Did you read about contemporary far right politics? No, you just made an assumption and ran with it. You are still running with it now.

Before I reported Bash. I gave you an option. You laughed. Go back a couple of pages.

If you can't play nicely - then I'll close the thread for now.

With regard to the complaint - these types of thread will always generate opposing views, but as far as I can see there is no direct insult made and this has then been blown out of all proportion and I certainly don't have time to wade through over 200 pages to check every last entry.

Yes - there is a link to a wiki page, but at no point is there any direct accusation made nor any direct insult - so, I see no basis for the report and as such it's been rejected.

That said, I'm disappointed that the 2 protagonists can't be adults and deal with this via PM to prevent the rest of us having to wade through the unnecessary pages of bickering thereafter.

If any party is unhappy with this, then I would suggest you direct the matter to 'The Fear'.

I may decide to re-open the thread in due course or I may just delete it - I'll see how I feel but would suggest that this does not boil over into any other threads or I will take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.