General NUFC Stuff | Vital Football

General NUFC Stuff

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Seems like most clubs in the premier want us to finish in a minimum position of 10th as they're all falling away.

Tonight saw Bournemouth lost at home to Manure to leave them 3 points behind us with two games more played. Us having at least one game in hand on most and only between 3 and 5 games left each.

I hope we finish 9th or 11th. I should have bet back in Feb when I had us down for 10th and West Brom, Stoke and Southampton to go down.

It's so tight between the club in 17th, Swansea and the club just below us in Bournemouth.

5 points separate Swansea and Bournemouth with Swansea having 2 games in hand on them. It's just a pity that the bottom 3 are a further 5 points behind or there'd have been many squeaky arses.

We can only be relegated on goal difference now.

Aye and it would be more of a miracle now for us to go down than when Leicester won the league.

The 'miracle' scenario would have to be for us to lose our last 5 games and Southampton to win all theirs plus gain a swing of 14 goals on doing so.

Their run of games is also unkind with a local(ish) derby against Bournemouth at home. Trips to Everton and Swansea plus a final day jaunt at home to Man City.

Accounts
PF asked when the club’s next set of accounts will be published.
The club explained that a date has not yet been set for publication but that the next set of accounts would detail the considerable financial impact of the club’s relegation to the Championship for the 2016/17 season.

There it is... just waiting. The sheep best get their arses prepped.

It should be quite simple, from what we have seen.

Yes, revenues down, mostly on the TV side. Match day income surprisingly buoyant, largely down to 23 home games instead of 19.

Wage bill may be relatively high for the Championship but certainly lower than the previous year. Just look at who went out, Coloccini, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Cisse, Tiote etc

Yes, cash flow was down, some players being sold with payment by instalments. We know Ashley juggled loans with a net cash input of, from memory, about £9m.

However, the club made profits on the sale of players, so it should still have made a paper profit overall, even if that is not reflected in the cash situation.