General Football thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

General Football thread

He won't be gone after tomorrow with two more games for Dane Murphy to throw away on our behalf this week.

There is simply no argument for Chris Hughton to still be here now, let alone after another home defeat tomorrow. He shouldn't have been in charge for the Derby game.

I actually think he may be the worst manager i've ever seen at Forest.

He has some incredible competition.

Think it's too early to say for definite.

He has some incredible competition.

Think it's too early to say for definite.
I cannot recall another manager who was here for any length of time that had managed to deliver not a single memorable moment, not a single smile, not a single moment of pride.

Of his meagre 14 league wins, we deserved less than half of them and none were against a team higher than 7th.

I'm fucking sick of watching the opposition score first and knowing that's it, game over, we can't get three points now.

No wins in 11- that's about 25% of a season's games. No wins since Easter.

Forest fans haven't seen their team win a league game since February.... 2020

Honestly can't see how a management that cares about the club could consent to him still being here to squander three more games

I cannot recall another manager who was here for any length of time that had managed to deliver not a single memorable moment, not a single smile, not a single moment of pride.

Of his meagre 14 league wins, we deserved less than half of them and none were against a team higher than 7th.

I'm fucking sick of watching the opposition score first and knowing that's it, game over, we can't get three points now.

Honestly can't see how a management that cares about the club could consent to him still being here to squander three more games

Look. I know he's dogshit and a major source of embarrassment, but name a manager with a better/ more suitable CV that we could attract?

I think you'd have to spin the wheel and hope who ever comes in can switch this negative attitude, we never seem to go into any games looking to win just to not lose. Look at Brum Bowyer has made them very competitive with a much smaller budget and arguably a worse squad, he's just getting the best out of what he's got he's put a right footed winger as left wing back and it's working well. CH just hasn't tried anything to change it, just rolls out the same formation and tactic hoping it works if we keep banging away at it which after 50 odd games clearly isn't going to work.

Look. I know he's dogshit and a major source of embarrassment, but name a manager with a better/ more suitable CV that we could attract?
Chris Wilder wants it for a start.

Problem is, the CV is now irrelevant isn't it?

What he did with other clubs years ago is all that is keeping him doing a job that he is very badly failing at now.

But the extent of the failure how surely supersedes the CV. I no longer give a shit about the joy he brought to fans of other clubs when I watch us yet again play like we don't belong at this level

What he did with other clubs years ago is all that is keeping him doing a job that he is very badly failing at now.

But the extent of the failure how surely supersedes the CV. I no longer give a shit about the joy he brought to fans of other clubs when I watch us yet again play like we don't belong at this level
As they say with financial investments. "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" That seems to fit CH perfectly

I don't know about you but all I want is to look forward to games with a degree of optimism again, and have the the thought that I might get just a little bit of enjoyment from the game itself instead of the same old depressing rubbish where you can predict the pattern of the game with an annoying certainty.We huff & puff a bit without ever looking threatening, we knock the ball about at the back for a bit then the other team score & we can all go home.
Surely it has to be better tomorrow or he has to go.

General Tennis Thread:

Not finished the second game yet but a great match already on CH4
They are both incredible young players.

For some reason, tennis is the one sport that really makes me sick to watch when I care about the result. It's probably the most psychological of sports.

She has been incredible, qualified and didn't drop a set. Thought she was just cracking when the US crowd were being dicks and putting her off, but she composed herself and breezed it. Could be a dominant player for a while if she plays like that every tournament.

The girl done good.

Watched EFL first as watching the whole of the tennis would have been far too stressful.

Knowing she was a set up made it bearable, but it suddenly looked as if the second set might slip away, which would have been tricky after being 5-2 up. Maybe slipping and cutting her leg happened at just the right time!

The standard was fairly awesome from both players.

I'm not so sure the ownership remains blameless in all of this.

Of course not.

But who do you deal with first? The people who make the bad decisions or the people who appointed them?

The decision to appoint Hughton appears on paper to be a good decision.

His abject failure indicates that either his methods are no longer applicable to professional football or that there are other factors which stem from the club ownership which are contributing to his failure or some combination of the two.

They are both incredible young players.

For some reason, tennis is the one sport that really makes me sick to watch when I care about the result. It's probably the most psychological of sports.
Yeah my heart was pumping last night.
There aren't many 1 vs 1 sports that draw such a huge crowd and test a player's mental strength like tennis does.
I've watched her last 3 matches and its ridiculous how easy she makes it look.

Its been a really good year for British sports. Reaching the final of the Euro, great performance in the Olympics, Lewis Hamilton still the champ, now Raducanu.

Its probably cos of Brexit.

Yeah my heart was pumping last night.
There aren't many 1 vs 1 sports that draw such a huge crowd and test a player's mental strength like tennis does.
I've watched her last 3 matches and its ridiculous how easy she makes it look.

Its been a really good year for British sports. Reaching the final of the Euro, great performance in the Olympics, Lewis Hamilton still the champ, now Raducanu.

Its probably cos of Brexit.

I think an explanation from the Gavin Williamson school of thought is probably the most appropriate.

It's simply because "we're a much better country."

with 3 games in a week and 6 in 18 days or so and many fans, depit us lot in here, saying give him a chance with the new signings then its certainly possible that he was given the 3 or 6 games to start looking like he could change things. Losing the first one was obviously the last thing that anyone at the club needed and I cant see it getting to the 6 games if he loses the next 2.. No doubt DM would have wanted it to ork out rather than be talking to prospetive managers within days.

We bid for at least 3 players with fees over 2.5million quid, all basically turned us down... It does make me wonder if say Terry was manager the pull of the big name could have persuaded some of those to arrive.. i know many folk respect CHS record but I doubt he has any draw to international players, IN fact I suspect they have never heard of him