General Football thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

General Football thread

The typical response would be 'don't believe anything in the Daily Mail' :grinning:

I can't say I've ever noticed before, possibly with England a couple of times but didn't register that much as I couldn't actually tell you what colour our away kit is at the minute (or has been for a while), I also have no clue about our 3rd kit. Over recent years, all I know is sometimes we play in white, sometimes in red, sometimes in blue and sometimes in sliver/grey.

So going back to Italy, there wasn't any reason other than that's what they decided to play in?????
I would believe editorial in the DM without double checking but, for an unimportant topic where they have photographic evidence and thousands of people were in the stadium, I'm willing to bend my general rule.
I must be in a good mood.

Those miserable Spanish players. Even I know the words to the Spanish National Anthem and I can't even speak Spanish. What's their excuse?

Screenshot_20210617-185733_Facebook.jpg

For some it would be like having a GB team and being asked to sing the English anthem (ish).
Not really.
You can inject some local politics in if you like, but I can't see the Basques or Catalans finding any offence in the words of the Spanish National anthem.

There are some idiot Brits though

That's right Pope chap! I have noticed the San Marino players also standing there with no inclination to sing their one either!

Not really.
You can inject some local politics in if you like, but I can't see the Basques or Catalans finding any offence in the words of the Spanish National anthem.

There are some idiot Brits though

Maybe not the actual words, but those Basques, Catalonians, and some Galicians for that matter, do not care too much for what it stands for.

You, more than anyone will be aware of the history of the place.

I have holidayed in Northern Spain a few times and the hatred for the Spanish is unreal; it is probably not so obvious in the Cities, but wander off the beaten track and you start to meet people who are incredibly warm and friendly, but they do not hold back when the Spanish are mentioned, and its not just the older generation either.

I would bet that after recent events the Catalonians are just as hateful.

I still find it surprising that Spain can get a squad together that actually speak to each other.

Maybe not the actual words, but those Basques, Catalonians, and some Galicians for that matter, do not care too much for what it stands for.

I have holidayed in Northern Spain a few times and the hatred for the Spanish is unreal; it is probably not so obvious in the Cities, but wander off the beaten track and you start to meet people who are incredibly warm and friendly, but they do not hold back when the Spanish are mentioned, and its not just the older generation either.

I still find it surprising that Spain can get a squad together that actually speak to each other.
In fairness, I think quite a few of the club's won't sign "Spanish"

That's right Pope chap! I have noticed the San Marino players also standing there with no inclination to sing their one either!
Indeed.

And you'd think that if the Bosnians didn't fancy singing theirs, the Herzigovinians would at least have a go at it

Can I just point out that killing a joke with a historical missive is my schtick and you've just stolen it

I can't believe it took me three minutes to write Bilbao??

I'll have a word with The Fear. He still hasn't reinstated the Previous Thread button I've requested again and again...
:mad: