General Football thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

General Football thread

They should've won Saturday as well, that would've really put Derby in trouble

I'm hoping that Rotherham can maintain this momentum they are gaining before they run out of gas. Long enough to really put the pressure on Derby.

3 games in hand and only 4 points in it with a better GD. Game on!

Just looked at Coventry's fixtures, pity they've got to play Rotherham. I'm still hoping for a points deduction this season for the sheep though, even if it's just 6 points

Hadn't realised all three of Rotherham's games this week were at home.

If they win the next two, Forest are potentially only 6 points clear of the bottom three.

Which is why the next two games are crucial. We need to stay clear of Huddersfield and Birmingham

Hadn't realised all three of Rotherham's games this week were at home.

If they win the next two, Forest are potentially only 6 points clear of the bottom three.

Which is why the next two games are crucial. We need to stay clear of Huddersfield and Birmingham

Yes, and did you bother to check who Rotherham play in their next two games?

No, thought not!

They play Coventry and Birmingham.

Have you stopped to think what happens if Rotherham win both of those games?

It means Coventry and Birmingham pick up no points.

Whatever happens it will be a good result for us

We may not be mathematically safe but we do have enough points.

Wycombe cannot catch us; Wednesday cannot afford to drop another point and the rest of the teams play each other

Absolutely.

Derby aren't going down. I won't be happy until I am mathematically certain that we aren't either.
We are one point from only having to worry about one place but after last season, while part of me thinks we should be ok I won’t take anything for granted until we are out of reach.

As for Derby I would love to see them relegated but I can’t see it happening. Maybe next season if they get a points deduction...

Yes, and did you bother to check who Rotherham play in their next two games?

No, thought not!

They play Coventry and Birmingham.

Have you stopped to think what happens if Rotherham win both of those games?

It means Coventry and Birmingham pick up no points.

Whatever happens it will be a good result for us

We may not be mathematically safe but we do have enough points.

Wycombe cannot catch us; Wednesday cannot afford to drop another point and the rest of the teams play each other
Have thought, thanks.

And I wasn't quite right - if Rotherham win the next two we're 7 points ahead of Coventry.

But if they draw that game and beat Birmingham we're only 6 clear of relegation with 5 to play.

Just wanted to leave that here before we get too carried away with believing we're safe. Certainly should be - but after last season I need mathematical certainty!

Oh can you imagine if the sheep get relegated, a points deduction for next season in league 1 & that causes the takeover to collapse or the takeover goes ahead & obviously its shit.

Have thought, thanks.

And I wasn't quite right - if Rotherham win the next two we're 7 points ahead of Coventry.

But if they draw that game and beat Birmingham we're only 6 clear of relegation with 5 to play.

Just wanted to leave that here before we get too carried away with believing we're safe. Certainly should be - but after last season I need mathematical certainty!

No, it looks like you have not thought it through; here are Blackburn's final 5 opponents:

Derby
Wednesday
Huddersfield
Rotherham
Birmingham.

All of the teams in those games are below us, which means dropped points all round; there is only one of those teams with anything like a realistic chance of finishing above us, and that is Birmingham, and that will not happen.

No, it looks like you have not thought it through; here are Blackburn's final 5 opponents:

Derby
Wednesday
Huddersfield
Rotherham
Birmingham.

All of the teams in those games are below us, which means dropped points all round; there is only one of those teams with anything like a realistic chance of finishing above us, and that is Birmingham, and that will not happen.
I'm sure there's someone who can explore all the possible scenarios.

In the meantime, I don't see why Blackburn's opponents are of such interest. Some teams below us play each other, and I'm pretty sure we'll be fine - probably by many points.

But right now we're not safe. I'm the happy clapper who saw the midfield start to gel at Derby and said we should aim for 10th. I'll be a lot happier if we avoid defeat in the next two games.

I have just looked on OddsChecker. Most firms do not quote a price for Forest to be relegated. SkyBet have it at 500-1, and the best odds are with William Hill at 250-1. Derby are generally 7-2; Coventry 5-2; Rotherham 6-4. So I am not going to worry about Forest going down.....................