GDPR | Vital Football

GDPR

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Arguably the biggest change to the regulatory landscape of data privacy comes with the extended jurisdiction of the GDPR, as it applies to all companies processing the personal data of data subjects residing in the Union, regardless of the company’s location. Previously, territorial applicability of the directive was ambiguous and referred to data process 'in context of an establishment'. This topic has arisen in a number of high profile court cases. GDPR makes its applicability very clear - it will apply to the processing of personal data by controllers and processors in the EU, regardless of whether the processing takes place in the EU or not. The GDPR will also apply to the processing of personal data of data subjects in the EU by a controller or processor not established in the EU, where the activities relate to: offering goods or services to EU citizens (irrespective of whether payment is required) and the monitoring of behaviour that takes place within the EU. Non-Eu businesses processing the data of EU citizens will also have to appoint a representative in the EU. With the changes to data protection and GDPR later this month, I was wondering what was happening with the Vital Network as they control and process our personal data? What is stopping them from selling your email address to companies to spam your email addresses?

Looks as though it won't affect me in Oz as I don't use my Email address for much and never for banking but there are obvious potential problems for you lot. Vital doesn't appear to me to have a lot of personal stuff to pass on but I'm not a computer literate person so probably don't understand the potential ramifications.
Sounds as though it may bother you though so there is probably more to it than I understand.

A name and an email address is enough ORF

Just think how many emails AC will get with his 19 accounts?

Am I right in saying that each poster can request a copy of all personal data which Vital Football hold on them, how they have used that data and order Vital Football to delete the data?

I will be having some fun with this via my LBL account once I've remembered the password ffs.

They have to get a disclaimer re: GDPR Orf. They have until 25th May I believe

Stew for dinner tonight Ingy. I was running late so had some I froze back in March. Lamb, Leeks, Potatoes, Swede, Peas, Parsnips, Carrots, Pearl Barley

Don't know how this affects general data, but I did read that Facebook having announced their new system of transparency (Ha! Ha!) cynically decided to move everyones data from Ireland to the USA, so they don't fall under EU regulations. Of course having rules is one thing, but if the data is in another country how do you find out what they are doing with it, or stop them?

Presumably the data was in Ireland in the first place to avoid tax!

They have to get a disclaimer re: GDPR Orf. They have until 25th May I believe

Stew for dinner tonight Ingy. I was running late so had some I froze back in March. Lamb, Leeks, Potatoes, Swede, Peas, Parsnips, Carrots, Pearl Barley
Well done chap... this is more like it! Taking family out tonight to my local Indian restaurant.Fancy a monkfish balti tonight chap.

Happy GDPR day chaps. I have updated my contact preferences. Have you? Well have you? HAVE YOU?

I have specifically opted out of JP's drunken late night PMs expressing his desire for Wor Lass to come home

Yes I have also set my preferences to opt out on:
  1. JP Post Midnight Meltdown
  2. JP begging Wor Lass to return
  3. JP claiming not to be JP
I hope most of you save yourself and chose to do the same. Well will you? WILL YOU? Thought so

Incidentally this has got to be the worst ever Fred this forum has ever seen.

Yet because @Apollyon posted it I find myself coming back to read it daily, often touching myself as I do so.

WTF???

Wow,imagine my surprise when I viewed this fred expecting to see Grace' s daily parsnip recipes but it was something quite different.Disappointing chaps!