GB On Daniel + Frenchie | Vital Football

GB On Daniel + Frenchie

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Bang on with the Frenchie memory - THAT Luton game.

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer admits he was disappointed to learn Colin Daniel and Armand Gnanduillet had decided to leave the club.
The out-of-contract pair opted for pastures new last month, having both spent two seasons at Bloomfield Road. Daniel agreed a two-year deal with Pool’s League One rivals Peterborough United, while Gnanduillet made a surprise move to South African Premier Division outfit Baroka FC, also on a two-year contract.
While Daniel was a regular starter under Bowyer, Gnanduillet was usually consigned to the bench but played a key role in Blackpool’s remarkable League Two play-off semi-final victory over Luton Town during the 2016/17 promotion campaign.

“Of course we’re disappointed to lose them,” Bowyer told The Gazette. “The pair of them have had a massive impact in my time at the club. “To lose them was a huge blow personally and from a club’s point of view as well. “I totally get Colin’s move because it’s 45 minutes from his house and his missus had moved back to Nottingham. They have just started a family, so I understand that. “At the same time, he was offered a lot more money than we were offering, so anybody in any walk of life is going to take that opportunity to protect and provide security for his family. “I’d like to go on record and thank Colin for everything did during his time here. “Armand was a bit different. It was surprising in one sense but I also understand the offer of a two-year contract and, I’m presuming, better money again. “Armand will always stay with us for the impact he had in that play-off semi-final against Luton.” The Seasiders were hoping to renew Daniel’s deal but he opted to make the move. The left-back or left winger made 70 appearances for Pool. He previously played for Crewe Alexandra, Macclesfield Town, Mansfield Town and Port Vale. Gnanduillet was also included on a list of players the club confirmed they were in talks with over a potential new deal. The Frenchman, who scored five goals in 31 appearances last season, first arrived in England in 2013. He played for Chesterfield and Leyton Orient before signing for Blackpool in 2016. He has also played for Le Havre and AS Poissy in France.

Sad to see Frenchie go but not every player is happy to be an impact sub. Good luck to him. Daniel was an average and honest lower league player and shouldn't be greatly missed though I was always happy enough to see him starting.