GB news | Page 8 | Vital Football

GB news

He did not say that the group was just MPs which is the worrying bit.
Agree with you on his character.

He was describing exactly what 58 was talking about where the executive is aiming to ignore the elected parliament.
He didn't actually say much, just implied things.
IMO, he has no credibility at all.
This is the guy who happily went on national TV to justify to decision to go to Barnard Castle.
He lied through his back teeth.
He now openly admits that he lied through his back teeth but wants people to believe him now.
He is a legend in his own mind and experienced journos like dear Laura should have been far more suspicious of his motives of self promotion.

I don`t blame anyone for wanting to improve their life and upon hearing that the UK is a welcoming place, setting off in our direction. I also accept that the labour market in the UK is such that we may always require extra help from people resident outside he UK moving here.

But, from a purely logistical perspective, I do find it concerning that uncontrolled immigration could so easily get to the level where social services, housing, education and health care become extremely log jammed. Can we really cope with a rate of 430 a day (plus all those that don`t find their way into the stats) ?

If HMG can lay a convincing argument that resources here can cope adequately then fine, perhaps we should encourage a more organised way of assisting transit. But if not, whether or not it`s unpalatable for some to hear it, then we have a problem that can only go in one direction , don`t we ? Admirable that it is, to suggest that the UK should be an open door to all the many millions of migrants from any place in the world, does there come a point where society says - logistically can we really cope with unlimited numbers ? Of course, the big problem is how you limit numbers as uncontrolled immigration is an expanding issue, across the world and in the case of Europe, ably assisted by armies of mercenary criminals - who care not a dot about the humans they are trafficking.

As far as the UK and Europe is concerned, there is certainly a huge market in Human Trafficking. Expansion of this type of crime, with all it`s wicked connotations, is at explosion level. People of Kent and elsewhere are paying very large slices of their council tax to local and national police units that specifically tackle People Smuggling. Those units are already swamped and cannot cope.

I don`t know what the answer is, it`s a very sad situation, has anyone got a viable resolution ? Does anyone know how to rid the world of conflicts and corruption? Can any country, independently, find a workable, welcoming balance ?

It`s not unreasonable for anyone to be concerned at the growing level of uncontrolled immigration. It`s a growing issue that will continue to grow. To make any inroads in reaching a solution there has to be a comprehensive narrative. Shutting down conversations is naive.

Yeah, I know Jerry.
Had he named names, then he would have had a bit of credibility.
Otherwise, it's playground tittle tattle.
He claimed to be plotting with un-named ministers to remove the PM within weeks?
Do me a favour?
Believe that and you can knit wire wool.

The guy is a bit of a fantasist.
Actually he comes across as quite disturbed.
He would be a entire book for a phycologist and any body language expert would have a field day.

I'm aware that I'm going a bit Ad Hominem here but I think the guy is actually unstable and will come to a sticky end.

Hiring Cummings in the first place does put into question the wisdom and perception of Boris Johnson.

I don`t blame anyone for wanting to improve their life and upon hearing that the UK is a welcoming place, setting off in our direction. I also accept that the labour market in the UK is such that we may always require extra help from people resident outside he UK moving here.

But, from a purely logistical perspective, I do find it concerning that uncontrolled immigration could so easily get to the level where social services, housing, education and health care become extremely log jammed. Can we really cope with a rate of 430 a day (plus all those that don`t find their way into the stats) ?

If HMG can lay a convincing argument that resources here can cope adequately then fine, perhaps we should encourage a more organised way of assisting transit. But if not, whether or not it`s unpalatable for some to hear it, then we have a problem that can only go in one direction , don`t we ? Admirable that it is, to suggest that the UK should be an open door to all the many millions of migrants from any place in the world, does there come a point where society says - logistically can we really cope with unlimited numbers ? Of course, the big problem is how you limit numbers as uncontrolled immigration is an expanding issue, across the world and in the case of Europe, ably assisted by armies of mercenary criminals - who care not a dot about the humans they are trafficking.

We can't cope no. Kent's children services is already full up. There is no capacity for Kent children that need help to get that help.

There is an article on the London Standard website about an Albanian people smuggling gang that has just been sentenced. Refugees and asylum seekers is a very emotive subject, hopefully an anti-racist / "refugees welcome" poster on this board will be able to explain what is happening, and why it isn't a problem.

One race; the human race.

One planet; planer Earth.

No nations, no borders; no gods, no masters.
"No borders"

In your world, would people be allowed to own property, i.e. land ?

If not, how would people have security of a place to call "home" or "use" for work ?

"No borders"

If not, how would people have security of a place to call "home" or "use" for work ?

"Property is theft. Nobody "owns" anything. When you die it all stays here."
George Carlin

"No borders"

A great many people ask themselves those very questions every single day..

"Property is theft. Nobody "owns" anything. When you die it all stays here."
George Carlin
When you die, you simply pass it on to someone else who becomes the new owner, until he or dies and so it goes on.
Property is only theft if you stole it, from someone else who owned it.

It’s a nice little statement for student debates but in the real world, it’s bollax.