GB News Launching | Page 5 | Vital Football

GB News Launching

...one designed to counter the barrage of centre left content that spews from ITN/BBC/Sky News UK*.

*Subjective opinion, discussed previously.
You continue to air this opinion and have previously failed to back it up except to offer a small handful of journalists you consider left wing - a couple of which I countered and the rest were flimsy. I also offered a longer list trawled just from the list of BBC journos that I suggested were right of centre due to background and/or previous associationship with the Tory Party. I will not repeat what @Davidimp has put as he has hit the nail squarely on the head.

You continue to air this opinion and have previously failed to back it up except to offer a small handful of journalists you consider left wing - a couple of which I countered and the rest were flimsy. I also offered a longer list trawled just from the list of BBC journos that I suggested were right of centre due to background and/or previous associationship with the Tory Party. I will not repeat what @Davidimp has put as he has hit the nail squarely on the head.
That's the great thing about opinions* - they can differ.

*Subjective opinion, discussed previously.

Last edited:
Hulloutpost is a big fan of Farage. By your friends shall you be known.

Last edited:
Sorry David, are you generalising about ? or were there some specific incidents that you would like to highlight.
Asking prospective mps for money then not giving them the money bzck when he withdrew loads, he's totally conman and basically divided this country with his regular bloke down the pub act.
Hates foreigners but married to German and has dual nationality for his family.
If you think he's a man of the people who speaks to you fair enough but for me he's played a huge part in turning the country into an utter joke, Banana Republic/borderline right wing dictatorship.
Amazing considering he's never been the ruling party let alone a mp.

Rumours that it's being rebranded GB Comedy Gold are unfounded.

However, according to a piece by Deborah Ross in today's Times, tweets read out on air have included contributions from Mike Oxlong and Mike Hunt. One staunch 'supporter' tweeted that he has it on all day, to help the ratings. While watching other stuff on his main TV. Ross hoped he was called Hugh Janus to maintain the theme

Asking prospective mps for money then not giving them the money bzck when he withdrew loads, he's totally conman and basically divided this country with his regular bloke down the pub act.
Hates foreigners but married to German and has dual nationality for his family.
If you think he's a man of the people who speaks to you fair enough but for me he's played a huge part in turning the country into an utter joke, Banana Republic/borderline right wing dictatorship.
Amazing considering he's never been the ruling party let alone a mp.

Fair enough. The alternative view is of course that he ensured that main stream politics were forced to listen to the repeated will of the British people (biggest party in the EU parliament and repeatedly biggest vote in both EU elections and indirectly the referendum itself of course). That is something they were desperately ignoring, and as such he forced them to adhere to as close as democracy as we've seen in some respects.

To say he's never been part of a ruling party is correct. However he was very openly about the EU and as such he did have that repeated mandate from the British public (Member of The EU Parliament). He campaigned and succeeded on that agenda, as he set out to do so 20 years ago. No sign of duplicity or turning there. As he pointed out, when his lone voice said the UK would leave the EU 'they' laughed at him but weren't 'laughing now', when he pulled it off.

His strategy to divide the Torys (to force the referendum) and then selectively stand his candidates down at the last GE, in so doing carving up the fractured remain parties, were brilliantly executed political master strokes - guerrilla tactics at their finest.

He is so reviled by his opponents because he is fearless, refuses to be cowed, bullied, intimidated cancelled or go away. He is a cogent and good orator; able to hold his own with pretty much anybody. A resolute and dedicated individual who you despise or respect for the reasons we have outlined.

Just another thought. Farage did not have mutually exclusive ownership of the British will to leave the EU. The other much larger main stream parties had plenty of notice both before and after the referendum. They could have chosen to listen, they could have chosen to respect the wishes of the country. If they had they could have done something different.

Instead they tried to ignore it and then repeatedly tried to frustrate and prevent it. They paid the price. Both major parties have formed governments since Maastricht. They should have listened and embraced democracy. They had the control and have only themselves to blame for allowing the whole issue to run away from them.

Just another thought. Farage did not have mutually exclusive ownership of the British will to leave the EU. The other much larger main stream parties had plenty of notice both before and after the referendum. They could have chosen to listen, they could have chosen to respect the wishes of the country. If they had they could have done something different.

Instead they tried to ignore it and then repeatedly tried to frustrate and prevent it. They paid the price. Both major parties have formed governments since Maastricht. They should have listened and embraced democracy. They had the control and have only themselves to blame for allowing the whole issue to run away from them.
So you are still bigging up a man who glibbly asserts about a boat full of PEOPLE that if the weather changes, "that would be the end of that lot" after saying they probably stole the boat. You really are as odious as he is.

[
So you are still bigging up a man who glibbly asserts about a boat full of PEOPLE that if the weather changes, "that would be the end of that lot" after saying they probably stole the boat. You really are as odious as he is.
He basically speculates that some people who have already demonstrated their dishonest nature by attempting to illegally enter a country may have stolen a boat because it doesn't have an engine. He may or may not be wrong about that but it's not unreasonable to suspect it may be the case.

He then goes out to reasonably point out that cast adrift in the channel, crammed into an engineless small boat, their lives are in peril should there be a change in the weather.

I appreciate you have an agenda impede but perhaps you are being a little hysterical.

[

He basically speculates that some people who have already demonstrated their dishonest nature by attempting to illegally enter a country may have stolen a boat because it doesn't have an engine. He may or may not be wrong about that but it's not unreasonable to suspect it may be the case.

He then goes out to reasonably point out that cast adrift in the channel, crammed into an engineless small boat, their lives are in peril should there be a change in the weather.

I appreciate you have an agenda impede but perhaps you are being a little hysterical.
And you just made an assumption that they are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers. I rest my case.

And you just made an assumption that they are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers. I rest my case.
They're not genuine asylum seekers because they are entering the country illegally, also having already passed through other safe havens.

I didn't mention the term economic migrants, you did. As you mention it though, the reality is that amongst the people illegally entering the country some will be fleeing war zones and political oppression, some will be criminals, some terrorists and some economic migrants. That's why it is important that we have a robust and transparent system, so we can sort out genuine from nefarious cases.

You can argue we don't have that or at least not in a format that you would personally like it to be; but illegal human trafficking certainly is not the answer and is more barbaric than anything our government has either in place or failed to put in place.

Out of interest, do you support a system that encourages human trafficking, exploitation, abuse and in extreme cases manslaughter of it's 'clients' whilst providing millions of pounds for organised criminals, as it appears to me that you do?

Don't you want to see systems put in place that shut human trafficking down whilst simultaneously lobbying for a system that more suits your views on immigration? Or is it the case that if your expectations on legal immigration and asylum aren't being met you are happy for the human exploitation criminals to continue their work regardless?

Last edited:

And for context.

Saved anyone from the channel impede? I can't say I have, but then again I'm not the one trying to twist the man's words whilst conveniently overlooking his actions.

Last edited:

And for context.

Saved anyone from the channel impede? I can't say I have, but then again I'm not the one trying to twist the man's words whilst conveniently overlooking his actions.
When I was teaching I always taught my pupils that the best good guy characters should always have flaw and the bad characters should always have a redeeming feature.