GB News Launching | Page 4 | Vital Football

GB News Launching

GB News formed because Sky News (owned by Murdoch) isn't right wing enough for brexit Britain, the beeb even largely pander to the government and ignore their constant lies highlighted superbly by Peter Stefanovic in his twitter video that has over 26 million views. That's who I get my news especially when it comes to the government.
If you have twitter give Peter a follow he posts some great stuff.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying the content as it happens, thanks for asking. It's fair and well balanced (hence people taking the knee, tons of governmental criticism and regular left wing contributors etc.). You lot wouldn't know because you don't watch it and only go on the anticipated assassination agenda from the usual wokearati organisations :throw:
Also you wouldn't like it as there is far too much positivity, with good news stories abounding.

Clearly needs to up it's figures and sound quality (still!) to achieve long term survival, no argument there.

Definitely missed a trick by not having a set pure news program at least once a day. By concentrating on debating the issues of the day it lends itself to more of a talk radio format and imo that works far better on the radio rather than the TV.

It needs the set daily news program to act as an anchor for it's other content.

I did like your "they need to up the viewing figures"...well you may currently be The Viewer!

Plan for them to save money...presenters take it in turns to come round to your house and talk across the room to you 😁

The Channel fighting supposed ‘cancel culture’ has......err......cancelled one of its presenters. This is definitely a Viz satire.

The ultimate snake oil salesman is joining the party.
The man who gave us brexit without ever being an mp.
I'm sure hulloutpost will be delighted with Farage joining.

The ultimate snake oil salesman is joining the party.
The man who gave us brexit without ever being an mp.
I'm sure hulloutpost will be delighted with Farage joining.
Another dishonest right wing who loves shutting down anyone who disagrees with him will improve their desired balances output though. Balanced just to the right of Adolf Hitler

The only thing I will add is that someone did post Faridge's tweet that he would reveal his new job and that it would be a surprising change earlier. I did post "I bet he is joining GBeebies for their final week before they fold" but did doubt this as he was on LBC for ages so not really a change in career and GBeebies not really being a surprise.

If you're ratings are going to the wall, who you gonna call; Farage booster.

Farage - seems like an obvious move really. Love him or loathe him he is box office and if the channel is struggling as badly as some people are keen to portray, it would appear a sensible tactic.

He probably comes with a price tag that GB News aren't too keen on but if his loan move turns out to be more Brennan Johnson than Tom Champion they will see it as a gamble they had to take.

The only thing I will add is that someone did post Faridge's tweet that he would reveal his new job and that it would be a surprising change earlier. I did post "I bet he is joining GBeebies for their final week before they fold" but did doubt this as he was on LBC for ages so not really a change in career and GBeebies not really being a surprise.

Yeah, Farage going there is the least surprising thing imaginable, with the possible exception of Hopkins.

Yeah, Farage going there is the least surprising thing imaginable, with the possible exception of Hopkins.
Who is now being deported from Australia (can we revoke her nationality? :lol:) so I can now see her rocking up at GBeebies. Will @hulloutpost still think it a balanced channel with them sacking the kneeler and employing Faridge? Will he still think it is balanced if they employ Hatie Hopkins?

Who is now being deported from Australia (can we revoke her nationality? :lol:) so I can now see her rocking up at GBeebies. Will @hulloutpost still think it a balanced channel with them sacking the kneeler and employing Faridge? Will he still think it is balanced if they employ Hatie Hopkins?

Katie Hopkins is a hateful, vile, attention seeking shock-jock. It would be very poor of GB News to employ her as a member of staff/presenter; not that there is any suggestion they are going to.

I think it was poor form to sack the kneeler and agree that it undermines their stance on freedom of speech. I suspect they were pandering to the harder right of their viewership and he should have been allowed to express his view. Put it this way, I'd rather people are kneeling for BLM than looting and burning for BLM even if I don't personally agree with it.

I don't see an issue with Farage. GB News positions itself as a centre right channel; one designed to counter the barrage of centre left content that spews from ITN/BBC/Sky News UK*. As such he is a good fit. There are other contributors and presenters that provide balance and alt. left views, hence GB News are meeting the UK legal guidelines on media content regulation.

*Subjective opinion, discussed previously.

Last edited:
BBC are scared to death of the government and don't critise them for fear of losing their licence.
They said that the twitter video exposing Johnson's lies is not the public interest and won't even dicuss it let alone show it.
Sky are owned by Murdoch who basically decides what government are in.
Channel 4 yes left of centre constantly challenge the government so much so that the government want rid.
Itv middle ground.