GB News Launching | Page 12 | Vital Football

GB News Launching

Have you read the thread? Have you read the comments made by your fellow GBeebies viewers?

This is a silly line of attack. Have you ever read the comments on Guardian or Mirror articles? Or BBC ones for that matter? Comments sections are a battleground of extreme views, quite often the same groups following each other from platform to platform. Lots of left wing commenters head straight to right wing comments sections to have an argument or a "see see" (You seem to be one) and vice versa. People having a battle of the up/down voting.

I daresay most commenters (on both sides) thought it was alright in 2017 but times have changed so so much since then :arrghh:.

I reckon he's got this spot on.
And I am a commie, a libtard, woke, wokie (you frequently use these terms,) and many others. How come it is only the right that is allowed to be offended. If I am offended, I am another one those insults,; a snowflake.

And I am a commie, a libtard, woke, wokie (you frequently use these terms,) and many others. How come it is only the right that is allowed to be offended. If I am offended, I am another one those insults,; a snowflake.
Have I used libtard before, that seems a little strong for me? :unsure:
If I have, I apologise for what it's worth.

Perhaps I should be cancelled if I used that word sometime in the last 20 years.

As for the others, well at least they are used accurately and in the correct context :grinning:

You're possibly missing the point of the piece anyway which is the watering down of the term fascist which really shouldn't be done. I think people need to truly understand what fascism is otherwise it loses it's potency. The insult angle is water off a duck's back.

Last edited:

Andrew Doyle is a left wing comic btw!

That woke leftie liberal Sajid Javid is trying to cancel Jimmy Carr now. Where will it all end - you LITERALLY can’t say anything these days. They’ll be cancelling Christmas next.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...orrid-joke-about-roma-people-says-sajid-javid
I agree, it's getting silly and tit for tat by too many people from differing 'sides' - play ground politics.

Agree or disagree, with what people say - criticise them for poor taste. By all means ridicule them, personally ignore them, or choose not to take in their material, but....... blanket cancelling and no platforming them, is the route of deliberately mendacious extremists or the pathetic. You won't persuade me that either entity isn't to blame for the state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Such measures should be reserved for those who invoke or incite harassment, harm or in other words cross the line from free speech to criminality. And when I say criminality, I don't mean judging by the standards of an individual's personal political views; or just because they don't like what somebody else has to say or want to prevent other people hearing their pov.

Carr is a case in point. If he has to stoop to such humour for a pay check that reflects on him. I've never had any intention of watching him and won't be doing so now. However it's comedy and as low/offensive as he went he wasn't inciting anybody to do anything; so if other people want to engage with that they should be allowed to do so as he should be allowed to make his living.

When you want people banned for bad taste jokes at one end, or have liberals/feminists like JK Rowling demonised for having the temerity to make the point of saying we already have a word for people who menstruate at the other end, we really are heading down a hole.

Carr and Rowling have their money in the bank and they will doubtless ride out any storm in comfort, but it's no laughing matter for people who are further down the food chain - it can be life changing and usually disproportionate to what they have said. A good example of that is Bobby Madley.

Last edited:
I agree, it's getting silly and tit for tat by too many people from differing 'sides' - play ground politics.

Agree or disagree, with what people say - criticise them for poor taste. By all means ridicule them, personally ignore them, or choose not to take in their material, but....... blanket cancelling and no platforming them, is the route of deliberately mendacious extremists or the pathetic. You won't persuade me that either entity isn't to blame for the state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Such measures should be reserved for those who invoke or incite harassment, harm or in other words cross the line from free speech to criminality. And when I say criminality, I don't mean judging by the standards of an individual's personal political views; or just because they don't like what somebody else has to say or want to prevent other people hearing their pov.

Carr is a case in point. If he has to stoop to such humour for a pay check that reflects on him. I've never had any intention of watching him and won't be doing so now. However it's comedy and as low/offensive as he went he wasn't inciting anybody to do anything; so if other people want to engage with that they should be allowed to do so as he should be allowed to make his living.

When you want people banned for bad taste jokes at one end, or have liberals/feminists like JK Rowling demonised for having the temerity to make the point of saying we already have a word for people who menstruate at the other end, we really are heading down a hole.

Carr and Rowling have their money in the bank and they will doubtless ride out any storm in comfort, but it's no laughing matter for people who are further down the food chain - it can be life changing and usually disproportionate to what they have said. A good example of that is Bobby Madley.

Much more eloquently put than how I wanted to say it.

The programe it’s self was called “dark material” so if you watched it and got offended then it’s probably more of a reflection on ones self.

Some people must look to go and be offended..

If GB News caused ripples amongst the progressives, this will likely cause a Tsunami:

Trump's Truth Social platform will hit the Apple app store this week says TMTG CEO Devin Nunes | Daily Mail Online

And before anyone accuses me - no I won't be signing up.

Why would I when I can speak freely on Vitals.

It just sounds a bit like Parler or other right wing echo chamber social media platforms, except beset with more technical problems (a bit like GB News). They've tried a few types of these uncensored platforms and they just don't really work - I think Parler came down for a bit after posts threatened violence and other illegal activity so violated app store ts and cs.

Not sure it's likely to be more of a tsunami, more of a light, easily forgettable wave.

It just sounds a bit like Parler or other right wing echo chamber social media platforms, except beset with more technical problems (a bit like GB News). They've tried a few types of these uncensored platforms and they just don't really work - I think Parler came down for a bit after posts threatened violence and other illegal activity so violated app store ts and cs.

Not sure it's likely to be more of a tsunami, more of a light, easily forgettable wave.
I can't imagine Apple or any other platform sticking with it as an available app to be perfectly honest. Whether people think cancel culture is real or not, I don't think anyone can argue that they will get pelters for being associated with something Trump related, and they won't want their brand 'tainting'.

GB News not going away just yet apparently. In fact it would seem another foothold has been achieved.

GB News joins politics pool in 'game changer' for broadcaster (pressgazette.co.uk)

Confounding the doom mongers with continuing growth as well. Now ahead of LBC on at least one platform.

GB News audience growth: Channel bounces back after bumpy 2021 (pressgazette.co.uk)

Meanwhile, on TikTok GB News has more followers (184,000) than the likes of Sky News (86,000), ITV News (71,000), CNN (42,000) and BBC News, which has decided it does not have the resources to use TikTok in a way that suits its brand.

Last edited: