Gary Caldwell | Page 6 | Vital Football

Gary Caldwell

I personally wouldn't have Caldwell or g.jones - neither have been successful in a situation like ours.....

We are probably going to have a small squad with this seasons fringe players and under 23s. At least Richardson and ricoh know these players and vice versa.

Not expecting a great deal, especially with the salary cap, lack of owner and transfer / squad size restrictions but let's see........

Of course Caldwell wants to return - no one at a decent level will realistically want to hire him based on his record but with our situation likely to scare off most managers - he will throw his hat in the ring and hope his 1 good year with us in L1 may earn him another crack.

I would be very unimpressed with any new owners judgement if they thought Caldwell was a suitable candidate. Also it would kill any small hopes of us keeping Morsy and Caldwell nearly screwed that up once - no thanks.

We are gonna need a manager with plenty experience and an old head if we want any chance of an immediate return to the Championship, Caldwell, Jones? ffs. :arrghh:

We are gonna need a manager with plenty experience and an old head if we want any chance of an immediate return to the Championship, Caldwell, Jones? ffs. :arrghh:

With the mess Latics are in at the moment (we're not even guaranteed to be in a position to start the season at present) I'd forget any thoughts about an immediate return to the Championship.
Next season, if it comes for us, will be all about stability and stopping any further shit storms off the pitch

That said, I'm with you on the possibility of either Jones or Caldwell in charge. Or Adkins

With the mess Latics are in at the moment (we're not even guaranteed to be in a position to start the season at present) I'd forget any thoughts about an immediate return to the Championship.
Next season, if it comes for us, will be all about stability and stopping any further shit storms off the pitch

That said, I'm with you on the possibility of either Jones or Caldwell in charge. Or Adkins

Who then

That goes for you as well, instead of ridiculing others have a pop yourself.

So Chris Hughton is me taking the piss but you suggesting Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis isn't?

In all honesty at this moment I would take and back any experienced qualified Manager especially one who has a connection with the club and who is ready to take on the challenge.
It doesn't have to be a big name.