Gary Caldwell | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gary Caldwell

As long as Caldwell isn't our manager i don't really care how he gets on elsewhere. Although i suspect he's probably going to struggle again.

Our fan base / revenue is a lower league club.

Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Crystal palace and Burnley never had massive fan bases at this level. Some of them had money to get them to the next level.

We spent possibly 3 times more than Blackburn this season and so far we have been worse than them. Money isn't everything.

Also signing lower league players isn't the problem, signing the correct players that fit into the current playing system is, for me at least. Making the decision to sign players that aren't suitable due to talent or what ever reason is a mistake. But that's an issue a lot of clubs have and make year after year. A player could have a set of skills that will shine in one system and look terrible in another, it's vitally important the manager knows exactly what he needs for his system to work.

Unfortunately Cook hasn't managed at this level before and doesn't know or have the experience to understand exactly what he possibly needed before this season. Hopefully he will make better judgement on whats required in the future as he learns more about the requirements needed at this level. But the people above him clearly didn't help him, as we've seen these issues for some time now at this level.

On the injuries, even with a fully fit squad approaching games and playing the way we have recently we'd be losing and they wouldn't be performing.

Hopefully Cook will take a long look at this recent run of games and look at exactly whats not working and then change or improve those problems. But for that to happen he has to be brutally honest about the system, chance creation and the decision making on his part along with the performance levels from the players.

Queen of the South 1-0 Partick

Six weeks to take Partick Thistle to bottom of the league.
No wins,one point,no hope.

Dear me Caldwell

I’d say well done but I hear it wasn’t down to him because apparently the players picked the team for their last game! :rofl:

I heard about that - he said he asked them who they would pick to start the final game but it wouldnt effect his team selection which i thought was very odd. As if he knew who he was going to pick and was going to ignore whatever was suggested why ask in the first place?