Garmston off? | Vital Football

Garmston off?

Max.Headroom

Vital Reserves Team
Apparently put on the transfer list. Such a shame considering Leeds were after him at one stage.
Would of fitted in well with our new system I would have thought.

How much truth was in that article I wonder, paper talk? Garmston has never been the same since his injury, his best attribute was his pace and he seems reluctant to use it now I’d guess he’s worried of another injury.

Not surprised, he might be quick but he's not strong defensively and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. It's sad that he hasn't developed into the player he could have been perhaps his injuries have taken their toll.

I've watched thousands of players over the years and he is mediocre at best.
Good luck to the lad trying to make a living in a tough job.

lol I love how you state this as a fact. you actually believe this?

Leeds Castle..temp job in the summer serving ice creams. He was on trial and started brilliantly but cramp in his forearm serving his 54th 99 with a flake in an hour done him in. Manager loves his attitude but knows he won't make it. Currently working with the kids in the gift shop but looking for a move. Howletts are interested apparently.

He must have had a bust up with Evans, as he played in all the pre season games and had good reports too. Then pre Burton game he went storming out before the match cursing Evans according to one of the employees who works at the ground.
Shame, I liked him, he was an exciting player and he had great pace when at his best.

I will be sorry to see Garmston go. He was a better defender than some give him credit for. For example Wimbledon at home last year (yes I know we lost) he had Wagstaff in his pocket all game. Not many got round the outside of Garmston with his pace and he could put in a great cross as well. Not as good as Fuller at putting in a tackle, but I think it diminishes Evans somewhat as a manager if he can't find a place for what he has to offer. I also remember the Leeds interest, although that was a while ago now. There will be a club out there that appreciates him.

I will be sorry to see Garmston go. He was a better defender than some give him credit for. For example Wimbledon at home last year (yes I know we lost) he had Wagstaff in his pocket all game. Not many got round the outside of Garmston with his pace and he could put in a great cross as well. Not as good as Fuller at putting in a tackle, but I think it diminishes Evans somewhat as a manager if he can't find a place for what he has to offer. I also remember the Leeds interest, although that was a while ago now. There will be a club out there that appreciates him.

That’s a pretty bold statement.

He looked dynamic when he joined and was exciting going forward. I always thought his defensive position was a bit iffy but he usually had the pace to recover.

Since his injuries he seems more reluctant to use the pace he did have. If he is not prepared or able to use his pace then he isn't contributing the one asset he does (did?) have. He has had the occasional moments of his old self but not consistently as he did when he first joined.

I think it diminishes Evans somewhat as a manager if he can't find a place for what he has to offer. . [/I][/B]

Does it also diminish Lovell as a manager because he too also favoured Fuller and Ogilvie (who was terrible) over Garmston?

He looked dynamic when he joined and was exciting going forward. I always thought his defensive position was a bit iffy but he usually had the pace to recover.

Since his injuries he seems more reluctant to use the pace he did have. If he is not prepared or able to use his pace then he isn't contributing the one asset he does (did?) have. He has had the occasional moments of his old self but not consistently as he did when he first joined.
I spoke to him at the 2018 Open Day. He said he had a problem with going flat out because of the problems with his hamstrings and that he knew it was a mental thing. He said he hoped his confidence would improve with time. I think it's still an issue for him.

Leeds Castle..temp job in the summer serving ice creams. He was on trial and started brilliantly but cramp in his forearm serving his 54th 99 with a flake in an hour done him in. Manager loves his attitude but knows he won't make it. Currently working with the kids in the gift shop but looking for a move. Howletts are interested apparently.

very good :clap:

Apparently he’s in talks with a National Trust site.

Apparently he’s in talks with a National Trust site.

Wow. I feel gutted for Howletts if that's true, mate of mine drinks in the same pub as Damien Aspinall and he said it's more or less a done deal subject to a medical (allergy tests etc) I bet its Sissinghurst Castle and they have offered him more money and promised him an ice cream supervisor job. That's Sissinghurst all over... fucking slags.