Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

On current form he'd be lucky to get selected for Wales...

What is becoming clear is that we can't expect to see Son, Kane and Bale all playing at the same time. Despite any conversations about quality and application, it is the lack of effort and distance covered that is the biggest issue. We can't afford to carry him along in games. If he wants on that pitch he has to pick it up big time.

Jose saying that Bale will be out for a few weeks, but he doesn't think it a serious injury. That indicates to me that he has run out of patience with Bale, and has reached a point where he's not much bothered whether he's available or not.

Is anyone else starting to get really pissed off about Bale? If this is his attitude no wonder RM wanted rid of him.

I think we must have the loan financially covered by shirt sales or sponsors. No way can i see any way Levy would be happy to have him sitting there smiling on the subs bench whilst offering practically nothing on the pitch. I will give him the couple of goals he has scored but paying that type of money should bring more than a happy face and a couple of goals.

Thank god its just a loan to keep us fans happy for a few months. Imagine signing him.

I think we must have the loan financially covered by shirt sales or sponsors. No way can i see any way Levy would be happy to have him sitting there smiling on the subs bench whilst offering practically nothing on the pitch. I will give him the couple of goals he has scored but paying that type of money should bring more than a happy face and a couple of goals.

Thank god its just a loan to keep us fans happy for a few months. Imagine signing him.
If I am honest, I'd rather have some of our raw academy players on the bench than a past it prima donna. It's like he's on holiday with us until the Euros. My excitement wore off after seeing him couple times soon after he arrived/recovered.

The worst thing about it for me is that we can't even tell if he still has the skills he had in the past, he just refuses to run when he's on the pitch. You just can't play football like that.

Bale in his prime gave me as much pleasure to watch as pretty much any player in my many years of watching Spurs, definitely top five of all time Spurs, and that includes the double team. To watch him now is depressing. I wanted to see him back at Spurs, but this is a shadow of the player we once knew, or even the player who was scoring goals in the CL final only a couple of years ago. I have to agree with the guys who are saying that he is now a waste of a squad place, which could be allocated to a younger player with potential. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see him put in a couple of match winning performances when our season reaches the sharp end, but he really doesn't look to have it in him.

What's mad is that you can't cheat in training like you can in a game. If you're all lined up and doing speed or stamina work then, how do you hide? Does Bale genuinely think us fans are just going to forget his lack of effort because he scores a wonder goals every 10 weeks? When you see what young Gedson put into that game, it's hard not to get bitter that Bale is getting preferential treatment.

Bale in his prime gave me as much pleasure to watch as pretty much any player in my many years of watching Spurs, definitely top five of all time Spurs, and that includes the double team. To watch him now is depressing. I wanted to see him back at Spurs, but this is a shadow of the player we once knew, or even the player who was scoring goals in the CL final only a couple of years ago. I have to agree with the guys who are saying that he is now a waste of a squad place, which could be allocated to a younger player with potential. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see him put in a couple of match winning performances when our season reaches the sharp end, but he really doesn't look to have it in him.
He was like Smith AND Jones rolled into one.