Gardening thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Gardening thread

Yep, mint just establishes itself and then spreads like crazy! Best to just keep cutting it to chuck in salads etc, and to garnish drinks with!

Might pull a carrot tomorrow, only 3 survived from my 5 free M&S seeds.

Looked tonight and one is very promising. Finely chopped with tuna, cucumber, avocado, onion and Dutch tomato will do nicely in a wrap for lunch.

Might pull a carrot tomorrow, only 3 survived from my 5 free M&S seeds.

Looked tonight and one is very promising. Finely chopped with tuna, cucumber, avocado, onion and Dutch tomato will do nicely in a wrap for lunch.

Enjoy your liberal Dutch tomato. After Brexit, you will only be able to buy rotten communist tomatoes from China. Assuming Comissar Hully allows you to. 🤣

since the plums (which are really ripe now), the rhubarb is still going strong, we have had a nice crop of early potatoes a couple of courgettes a few carrots some garlic and onions and plenty of tomatoes from the greenhouse but today unexpectedly we harvested 40 odd figs. The other fig tree is more sheltered so is some weeks off. I think the cabbage will have been eaten by the cabbage whites before it’s ready but it’s good for them! the apple (cooking x2 eating x1 tree) and pear tree are doing nicely. I think we may need a new freezer!

I've just sown some unknown succulent and mini cactus seeds in a hanging planter bag we have inside (a bit like a felt shoe rack you would hang on the back of a door). The seeds came from China via Wish so god knows if they will actually grow/be what they are supposed to be!
Hi sorry just caught up with this thread, have you seen the warnings about seeds sent from China all over the world. Apparantly they are attempting to corrupt the worlds food supplies (conspiracy theory) with seeds that wipe out the native species.

Hi sorry just caught up with this thread, have you seen the warnings about seeds sent from China all over the world. Apparantly they are attempting to corrupt the worlds food supplies (conspiracy theory) with seeds that wipe out the native species.
Hi, yep I've seen about those. Luckily ours are all inside and well contained so they can be easily removed and destroyed. Most haven't grown anyway, and those that have just look like weeds!