Garbutt is staying - 2 + 1 | Vital Football

Garbutt is staying - 2 + 1

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool Football Club is pleased to confirm that Luke Garbutt has put pen-to-paper on a new contract with the Seasiders.

The left-back, who moved to Bloomfield Road in September 2020, has committed his future to the Club by signing a two-year deal, which includes an option for a further 12 months.

A key figure in Blackpool’s promotion winning side, the 28-year-old has made 38 appearances in tangerine to date, scoring four goals.

On extending his stay, Luke Garbutt said:

“I’m thrilled to get this over the line. With the momentum we’ve generated with the promotion and everything that’s been happening at the Club over the past couple of years, it’s really exciting times here.

“Last season was such a success and we can look back on it with so much pride. I’m really thankful to the gaffer and the rest of the coaching staff for showing the faith in me to extend my deal and I can’t wait to continue being a part of this special journey.”

Yep me in the minority again. Can't defend, no pace, gets knocked off the ball too easily and doesn't deliver reliably from set pieces. Nice hairband though

Yep me in the minority again. Can't defend, no pace, gets knocked off the ball too easily and doesn't deliver reliably from set pieces. Nice hairband though

He is worth it for the hairband. You will, be saying it makes him look like a teenage l*****n next. His best free kicks are excellent but you are right about the consistency of them.