Gabby Agbonlahor thread | Page 121 | Vital Football

Gabby Agbonlahor thread

Today just proved how we have moved on from him.

He will never kick a ball in a competitive game for us again.

Would rather he isn't needed or used ... but I wouldn't be angry at Bruce if he had him on the bench in case.

Would rather see Grabban on ahead of him

My answer isn't there: Its not very polite either. Not a chance do I want him near the pitch, near the shirt, near the bus or near VP

He can sit on the bench but not as a named sub. He is a Villa fan so he knows what this means to the fans. He is no longer required as a player and has already been said by a few - he doesn't deserve a place in the team, so he can be chief cheer leader.

We cannot disrupt the momentum and camaraderie this current squad has built.
It's been a long time since I've seen a togetherness of a villa team like we've got now.
Steve Bruce deserves massive credit for what's been achieved.

McGrath4Pope - 10/2/2018 01:13
...My brother (who has no time for Gabby either) brought up an interesting point tonight - is it worth putting him on the bench from a psychological point of view?

It's not daft. The notion of him starting isn't daft. Were we the team of a couple of months ago still finding its feet then maybe it could be a good idea.

But with the team on the crest of a wave and other worthy players queuing up then it's a big risk disrupting what we've got. But maybe Bruce will see it differently.

A danger if he does play is that, given his combative nature against Blues, he might get sent off.

No way.

He had his swansong in the game last season. Him, the club, the fans need to move on. He is past history and i am getting fed up with the fuss around him everytime we play blues.

I know form goes out of the window in games like this, but based on how well the players have been playing it would be unfair to bring Agbonlahor in just for this game

Played 10, scored 5 and has 1 assist against blues.

Played 18 scored 7 and has 5 assists against Everton.

Would you pick him to play against Everton?

A lot has been made of his record against them. 1 in 2 but isnt that the true of ratio we want from any striker? Thats just doing his job and for the majority of that period we've been the better team on paper all over the field.

Hogan has a 1 in 2 record against the blues. Granted, he's only played 4 against them but he's also scored 5 goals in the last 5 games.

Its ridiculous to think we'd wheel out Gabby for this one game because he has a normal strikers record against a team who has always been worse on paper than us during the time he scored the goals. When we have a striker who is on form and scoring a goal a game.

Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor may be fit and potentially in manager Steve Bruce's thoughts for the game against Birmingham City, but he's not in the thoughts of fans.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524278">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

From a mind fuck point of view yes , but who makes way and how would they feel ?
If we need Gabby to beat these lot there's a problem .

Obviously it would be lunacy to start Gabby tomorrow. Looking at the bench from the last game, I would have all of them plus Grabban, Green and Lansbury ahead of Gabby. I would probably just add Grabban for Whelan, as Jedinak and Tuanzebe cover his position and we won’t need all 3.

Onomah has underperformed for a while but we need someone who can be an attacking midfielder on the bench if required, and Lansbury has hardly played. I think Gabby would be a waste of a place on the bench as a Small Heath must realise he would only get on if we threw on 3 striker subs, which hopefully we won’t need!

As much as I don’t like him, I’d love to see him come on and get the winner against them again. Then on that note he should retire!