#£@@#!^g moving, flashing adverts :-( | Vital Football

#£@@#!^g moving, flashing adverts :-(

Tarian

Vital Squad Member
A great night .... spoilt by those **ing adverts.

From the GR, we saw flashing, moving, sliding adverts .... right behind the action at all times.
It's bad enough on TV, but watching lower down it's even worse.

My neighbour said 'There's a dog on the pitch' ..... until I pointed out 3 more at equal distances ... 'walking' by the pitch.

What other spectator activity would distract the paying customer with constant distracting motion ?

Media types claim that all publicity is good. I disagree.
Now I have only rage and dislike for the worst offenders .... mostly betting companies.

If adverts changed instantly, every few minutes - with no sliding or flashing - would the income be less ?

Flashing was very annoying. I wonder how the players found it. Colour digital signs look good though.

That's the future when we open the scally dome.

Flashing was very annoying. I wonder how the players found it. Colour digital signs look good though.

That's the future when we open the scally dome.
I'm not objecting to static LCD - just the constant distracting motion behind the players.
Toolstation was almost OK until some date expanded.
But Football Index and 32 Red (IIRC) had both flashing and sliding in from all directions. :mad:

Scally may have hardly noticed. There were no LCDs i.f.o. the GR.
From the Medway, the flashing, sliding LCDs were behind the goals - not all round.

I may draft an email to GFC .......

I'm sure MEMS will have sold a lot more generators as a result
Ha Ha !:oops:
MEMS was less offensive - less bright or busy.
Would have preferred it not sliding left.
If I needed a generator, MEMS would now be lower down the list.:(

I've just emailed Gwen Poynter.......

Anything, and I do mean anything, that distracts from the actual football and the atmosphere generated by fans is unwelcome in my book. Fake applause broadcast over the tannoy system, absurd chicken song goal celebrations, all of it. Flashing, pitchside adverts are peak distraction and I loathe them. I too will be more likely to avoid patronising any of the offenders.

I'm assuming the LCD boards were just for this match and we wont see them again or at least until we have another TV match against a big side.

I'm not a fan but didn't find them to be overly distracting although I suppose that all depends on your viewing angles.

I just hope the club got a nice bit of cash to invest from the advertising.

A great night .... spoilt by those **ing adverts.

From the GR, we saw flashing, moving, sliding adverts .... right behind the action at all times.
It's bad enough on TV, but watching lower down it's even worse.

My neighbour said 'There's a dog on the pitch' ..... until I pointed out 3 more at equal distances ... 'walking' by the pitch.

What other spectator activity would distract the paying customer with constant distracting motion ?

Media types claim that all publicity is good. I disagree.
Now I have only rage and dislike for the worst offenders .... mostly betting companies.

If adverts changed instantly, every few minutes - with no sliding or flashing - would the income be less ?
Totally agree with you Tarian (shock!). Those moving adverts drive me f###ing nuts.

What’s the point in contacting the club? It was obviously because our clapped out old boards would look awful in 4K and we can’t advertise the things that the broadcasters clearly have to show.

I thought they made the place look ten times better than usual, and I’d be happy to keep them. They wouldn’t have been put on the GR side because the cameras weren’t facing that way as far as I am aware.

I was quite concerned about the moving adverts when I found out about them but they didn’t affect my enjoyment from high up in the Rainham End. I suspect it was far more distracting for those closer to pitch level.

I wonder if we had to have them to show the FA cup sponsors adverts as it was televised ?

Either way I am sure they will be gone for the oxford game. Rent on those wont be cheap.

Made the stadium look a bit more modern though.

Roll on the scally dome with jumbo vision screens and flashing adverts across the three decks.

Might even have bar coded tickets as well