Fylde Forget It | Vital Football

Fylde Forget It

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Fylde only lost three all season and one of the best defences in the league. Another defeat is the only outcome. I am predicting 2 or 3 nil.

Something has to give!
A draw tonight would at least stop the rot and provide a platform for Saturday's game at home to Dagenham. Another inept performance resulting in a defeat would, surely, necessitate serious action by Raj and the board.

It will be interesting to see what part, if any, Liam Noble has in tonight's game?

0-1 at half time. I wonder if the flood gates will open in the second half. We wont be scoring so it is a question of how ambitious Fylde are.

Two - nil down before we bother to reply, the writing is on the wall I'm afraid.

I work outside of Hartlepool and always make a point of attending games at the Vic when I'm home but Christmas shopping must be a viable alternative now surely?

Once you lose the dressing room it becomes a house of cards D-day tomorrow, has to be.

If Bates and MacNamee are here tomorrow I'll be amazed and if they manage to survive I'll be spending the rest of their tenure shopping!!!!

:red:

Final nail in Bates' (& McNamee's coffin) has to be the numbers through the gate.....1721, shocking by Pools' standard but it's not going to improve any performance, sorry any time soon.

Please go for experience next time Raj

The players certainly didn't play like they weren't trying, the problem is they just aren't good enough!
Defensively frail, inept in midfield and lacking presence and physicality upfront, I fear we are in for a long frustrating season unless Raj opens his cheque book and allows Hignett / Bates to bolster the squad with some experienced players.

I can't see a new manager being the answer, unless he is given scope to improve the squad by making experienced signings.
We need a proper centreforward who can match the physicality of the thuggish centrehalves who inhabit this league - Luke James for all his effort is just too lightweight to lead the line in this league!

Remove Bates and bring Cassidy back. it's a start and gives us a different angle. Are we really getting the best from a striker who scored 8 in 17 in this league for Barrow and only netted once under Bates? Is Bates getting the best out of Muir or Dinanga? Surely Raj is asking why?

The midfield is an absolute shambles, Donaldson, not a player i like but one who has improved immensely under his own volition is often left isolated. Noble needs efficient handling, Featherstone is going backwards, Paddy is hot or cold. Josh Hawkes is the future but Bates is always looking back.

As the last act of a desperate man he has to turn to a blend of youth & experience or carry on regardless and put his fate in the hands of those who will kill or cure him and hope they cure him. Bates and Ged are done for me they've lost it and don't know where it is or how to get it back. We tried it, he's not going to be Fergie no matter how long we give him, why prolong the agony???

'It's a simple game complicated by those who should know better'

Interesting comments. Completely agree. We need rid of Bates asap because if we don't, forget the play offs, we will find ourselves in yet another relegation battle.

Dagenham and Maidenhead, two sides below us and two sides we should beat before we meet the might of Leamington. They have a stay of execution of three games, if they survive the night.

The reality is football is a results driven business, Bates and Co ain't getting the results and Raj ain't going to be doing much business. We are literally two games away from being sucked into a dogfight, falling gates and suffocated income, once the penny drops we'll be able to move forward. While we're in denial we'll continue to tailspin.

Move the players on or move the manager & co on, which is easier?

Dagenham are starting to show an upturn in form, I suspect they will beat us and if they do Maidenhead will.

Just looked on the BBC Football web side looking at League tables. They have WLD for last 5 results. We are the only team to have lost the last 5. Dagenham have won the last three. On form we are the worst team in the National League. Hands up if you are surprised.

We've lost the last six league games, the only team without a point in those games. We're leaking like a sieve defensively, 15 goals we have conceded in that time. We need to stop the rot and there's only one way.