Furlough!! n/g

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

Last day today of furlough part 2....
23rd March-10th August 2020
4th January-1st March 2021

Hopefully that is the end of it now for me? Been lovely having the extra time to chat to and become quite fond of a few posters (wont name names)! Looking forward to returning to work tomorrow!

As a member of the pensioner' guild, I'm glad to hear your time at home has come to an end and I hope this is the last time you'll be forced away from work through furlough. Don't worry about missing out on any chat, you'll probably end up here in the evening, catching up on everything Gills and N/G.

Hope your getting back to work lives up to your expectations. Have a great day tomorrow.

Last day today of furlough part 2....
23rd March-10th August 2020
4th January-1st March 2021

Hopefully that is the end of it now for me? Been lovely having the extra time to chat to and become quite fond of a few posters (wont name names)! Looking forward to returning to work tomorrow!
Best of luck 👍
We’re up my wife’s shop tomorrow getting prepared for her reopening.
We’ve had to go every week for insurance purposes and she’s got a bit tearful previously but now there’s light.

Looking forward to going back to the office in the hood, Rainham is so f'ing boring! No timescale yet, will be a year next week since I saw my colleagues!

Hope it goes ok Mozzer!

So, now we know - extended to the end of September. Are there any others on here (non-retired) who have had to work continuously throughout this pandemic? It would have been nice if Darling Rishi had at least acknowledged that with some reward. Instead we are clobbered by no raising of tax codes until 2026. Of course there may be a sweetener before the next election. I for one will not be voting Tory.

I've worked throughout, however the move to working from home has been a real eye opener and I'm not alone in not wanting to go back to the office on a full time basis. It will be interesting to see how employers react to this. We are due to move buildings next year and the current plan is to have approximately 50% less capacity available, which makes sense and recognises that the balance has changed. Of course what that does to public transport and shops is another matter.

Are there any others on here (non-retired) who have had to work continuously throughout this pandemic? It would have been nice if Darling Rishi had at least acknowledged that with some reward. Instead we are clobbered by no raising of tax codes until 2026. Of course there may be a sweetener before the next election. I for one will not be voting Tory.

Aside from a week of quarantine in February then I have been going into the office and working as normal since the whole thing started. I worked a few individual days at home last year when the older lady who was working from home needed to come into the office so I "worked" from home so that she'd be the only once in the office. I was more than happy to be the one in the office and don't need any particular reward from the government for what was me "business as usual".

Depending on the extent the economy recovers, I expect there to be a lifting of this policy in the next few years although it will depend on your level of cynicism as to if it was intended to be a sweetener for the election.

So, now we know - extended to the end of September. Are there any others on here (non-retired) who have had to work continuously throughout this pandemic? It would have been nice if Darling Rishi had at least acknowledged that with some reward. Instead we are clobbered by no raising of tax codes until 2026. Of course there may be a sweetener before the next election. I for one will not be voting Tory.

Yep, I've been working continuously, but I feel fortunate that I have got a job that I can do from home, rather than resentful that other people are being paid for not working. It's another 3 or 4 months WFH as far as I can see, and then probably 2 or 3 days a week in the office.

I wont be voting Tory either, but I do think they are in a lose/lose situation with Coronavirus

I've worked throughout, however the move to working from home has been a real eye opener and I'm not alone in not wanting to go back to the office on a full time basis. It will be interesting to see how employers react to this.

I suspect that women more than men will look to take up the opportunity to work from home and therefore in a few years time there will be accusations of sexism when the guy who continued to go into the office and networks gets promoted over the woman who works most of the time from home.

I do wonder what percentage of people who are enjoying working from home right now will change their mind next year when they miss the face to face contact with colleagues and the comradery.

I've worked throughout, however the move to working from home has been a real eye opener and I'm not alone in not wanting to go back to the office on a full time basis. It will be interesting to see how employers react to this. We are due to move buildings next year and the current plan is to have approximately 50% less capacity available, which makes sense and recognises that the balance has changed. Of course what that does to public transport and shops is another matter.

My wife started her new job as a admissions recruitment officer for the medical school at Buckingham University the middle of February last year and has worked from home since 23rd March and seems like it could be a permanent thing now? The open days are all done online, recruitment interviews are all online and it has worked really well from her home office (kitchen table)
Me, myself I have enjoyed being back at work getting our catering department ready to start food production at the weekend for our 780 boarders who are returning on Sunday ready for Monday lessons!

I have Kate but from home 95% of the time. I suspect you meant had to continue to work as before e.g. front line workers. I know plenty who have as they can't do their jobs from home. I'm not sure I agree with you about looking for a reward. I know people who have been furloughed or lost their jobs entirely.

working from home has it challenges but I'm lucky enough to have a spare room that I can use as a half decent office. I feel for those who have made do sharing the kitchen table or even perched on their beds.

Interesting to see how many companies reduce their "office space" to save costs. Many people have proved they can work from home and some companies might be keen for them to continue to. Where I work we will move to a hybrid model of some days on site and some at home

I agree with you about not voting Tory though - me neither.

My wife started her new job as a admissions recruitment officer for the medical school at Buckingham University the middle of February last year and has worked from home since 23rd March and seems like it could be a permanent thing now? The open days are all done online, recruitment interviews are all online and it has worked really well from her home office (kitchen table)
Me, myself I have enjoyed being back at work getting our catering department ready to start food production at the weekend for our 780 boarders who are returning on Sunday ready for Monday lessons!
Glad to read your return to work turned out ok.... I almost had to return to work myself today - the missus had found something that needed my attention. Luckily she wasn't around much today so I had a nice few hours in the mancave training, watching all yesterdays goals again and looking at new cars..... what a horrible way to spend a day!!!

I've worked through the whole kerfuffle and taught hybrid -half in class and half online through most of it. Of course, academic hours, so loads of at home as per usual.

Us in pest control have been working throughout chasing all the bloody rats that have been breeding like .... bloody rats.

very very busy for us .... even getting involved in some Army Barracks baiting the site as rats had been chewing the lorries cables in the engines ... and these lorries were being used to deliver the vaccines throughout Essex !!!