Fuller | Vital Football

Fuller

While I don't disagree with Fuller's commitment and consistency but surely Tom Eaves has to be well up there with all his goals in a pretty mediocre team at best.

I was critical of the signing at the beginning of this season. I’ll eat my words and admit I was wrong.

I was critical of the signing at the beginning of this season. I’ll eat my words and admit I was wrong.

Me too.

Richly deserves an extension and player of the year.

No sure where this leaves Garmston if Fuller continues in LB. Note sure whether O'Neil is out of contract or not.

While I would agree Tom Eaves could take player of the season. Fuller is at very least up in the top three if not better.Great competitor and inspiration to others .Given many wrote him off too.I would add that he is probably as much responsible for our point total as anyone.Given to he has played more games at left than right back it makes his efforts even more positive.

Me too.

No sure where this leaves Garmston if Fuller continues in LB. Note sure whether O'Neil is out of contract or not.
Garmston still has another year left on his contract

While I don't disagree with Fuller's commitment and consistency but surely Tom Eaves has to be well up there with all his goals in a pretty mediocre team at best.

Byrne got it last season with commitment and consistency despite Eaves's goals. Judging from those I know, I think it will be Fuller followed by Eaves with maybe Ehmer coming in third.

Me too.

Fuller has been great, but I suspect he'll become the squad player he was originally signed to be. I'd like to think if that is his long term aim that we'd allow him to do a bit of coaching.

Fuller has been great, but I suspect he'll become the squad player he was originally signed to be. I'd like to think if that is his long term aim that we'd allow him to do a bit of coaching.

Agree about Fuller being signed as a squad player but he is in the team on merit, IMO is one of the first names on the teamsheet and I'd be amazed if he didn't win POTY and has performed above most people's expectations and has deservedly got himself a new deal. For those reasons I'd be very surprised if he dropped back to just being a squad player next season, even if we do sign a 'proper' left back. He was keeping O'Neil out the team before switching to LB.

Been one of the team's best performers most games I've seen this season. He looks twice the player that we let go a few years ago, and there's no obvious sign his legs are going. Sounds a good leader on and off the pitch, as well. Glad to have him for another season!

I think Fuller was very much under rated during his first spell with us. He started poorly with some labelling him our worst ever player - he improved enormously to become one of our best players when fit but was only ever acknowledged as a battler.

He is without doubt a better player now though.

When we signed him, a mate of mine who's a Wimbledon fan was saying his legs had gone and he'd become a liability, so I wasn't expecting much, but he's been a revelation.

I'd still have Eaves down as player of the year, but Fuller has certainly run him close.

Eaves has done well this season but could easily have another 5/6 goals, think of his missed penalties for starters. Some games he has frustrated and I think overall he could have done a bit better - harsh perhaps for our top scorer, but he isn’t quite at 100% in every match he plays.
Fuller on the other hand has been a revelation, and has exceeded expectations. He’s had to play in different positions but his work rate and commitment has always made him stand out. I think this is why he will pip Eaves for the player of the season award.

Thoroughly deserved, Fuller has surpassed expectations of many, me included. If everyone in the team showed the week in week out commitment Barry does we'd be play-off contenders.

How the f### did Byrne win it last season over, eg Eeeeeeaves? I barely noticed him - along with the rest of our so called midfield.

Given that decision, then Fuller getting it this season is a no brainer.

Wouldn't complain if Eaves got it. No other competitors imo.