Fulhams result | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fulhams result

Well Ashley will be smiling even more now. Bruce will be saying 'I'm too young to retire'. Willock will return to Arsenal reserves at the end of the season and think 'what might have been' had we shown any ambition.

Well Ashley will be smiling even more now. Bruce will be saying 'I'm too young to retire'. Willock will return to Arsenal reserves at the end of the season and think 'what might have been' had we shown any ambition.
That raises the question, will Ashley back Bruce in the transfer market next season or will he spend it on a world class manager and a couple of loan additions with a view to finishing 13th ?
It worked last time....

That raises the question, will Ashley back Bruce in the transfer market next season or will he spend it on a world class manager and a couple of loan additions with a view to finishing 13th ?
It worked last time....

Let it go Pie, it's a good few years ago now 🤣

My thoughts on your question Pie is no to the first part with the reasoning or excuse 'I'm trying to sell the club' and not using my money. The second part is 'not a chance'. Why would Ashley want a manger that becomes popular with the supporters. After a 6-0 win against Villa and beating the 'unwashed' 5-1 suddenly Hughton was developing cult status so after being told to play a reserve side against Arsenal in the League cup and being promptly beaten 0-4 it wasn't long before he was dispatched. Rafa wasn't backed like McClaren who was a disaster as manager. Unfortunately for Ashley, Rafa was popular with the supporters and had a vision of what we might become or could become with a bit of investment. Ashley wasn't having any of that and Rafa didn't stay when it became clear what was happening. Ashley is the winner in every instance

Agree with most of that Mc.
Keegan aside, Houghton was the only other manager that stood up to the twat though that's why he had to go, we all know ambition is not tolerated under Ashley and by all accounts CH wanted better things for the club.

Yes, ultimately Ashley is the winner but his hired help have not gone unrewarded.

Maybe some (hired help) weren't rewarded in the way they thought was possible. But that is another question open to debate.

We've been without Wilson and Maximin for a big chunk of the season. The season would have been massively different if those two stayed fit. Not sure how covid will impact on summer transfer activities, but credit for bringing in Wilson and Maximin and spending a few quid on Lewis even if he's been shite. Imagine having a decent midfielder for next season!

We've been without Wilson and Maximin for a big chunk of the season. The season would have been massively different if those two stayed fit. Not sure how covid will impact on summer transfer activities, but credit for bringing in Wilson and Maximin and spending a few quid on Lewis even if he's been shite. Imagine having a decent midfielder for next season!
Imagine is a common expression amongst our fans, unfortunately Mike Ashley is our owner.
We'd appear more sane imagining we could fly, in the meantime he uses that collective imagination against us.

Maybe some (hired help) weren't rewarded in the way they thought was possible. But that is another question open to debate.
I'm struggling to understand what any of them after Chris Hughton expected Mc
The cat was well and truly out the bag by then.

Ashley gets no 'credit' from me whatsoever

He might get some credit if investment in the playing side was intended to progress the club

It isn't

Yes safe now. Just get the season done and dusted. Besides the odd game it’s really been a bit of a slog same as most seasons I guess.

Southampton win tonight so we drop to 16th in the league. Our game against Man City on Friday is an away certainty according to the odds given by the bookmakers. 12/1 for a home win. We beat the Champions at home a couple of seasons ago . Lightning won't strike twice, will it?

We will try to contain them and fail I would guess. At least they are already champions so they might not go for it big time😎