Fulham | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fulham

The 9 goals in his first season in a relegated team suggests he might have more to offer than Joselu

We face a realistic chance of relegation - largely down to not scoring enough goals

To totally ignore a striker with a better record than the preferred one is very much a topic for debate for me

I am utterly convinced that had he even been used from the bench for the last 25 - 20 minutes we would have more points on the board than we do now

Ahhh the but he's better than Joselu argument . Which incidentally has already been done to death. Present me with a new angle, add some fuel to the fire, stimulate the synapses because there's fuck all to be said in comparing the quality of turds.

Perhaps the new angle comes from the fact that he is now playing and scoring regularly, rather than sitting on our bench? Hence the thread reference to Fulham. I would say that has changed the game somewhat, albeit he is only scoring in the championship.

No doubt at all for me we would have more points in the bag right now if Mitro had been picked in front of Joselu.

Of course we would have even more points in the bag if that fat bastard had stumped up the cash for a couple of proper strikers. But until he does that we have little alternative but to (as you put it) "compare the quality of turds".

keggy_keagal - 8/3/2018 14:56

Ahhh the but he's better than Joselu argument . Which incidentally has already been done to death. Present me with a new angle, add some fuel to the fire, stimulate the synapses because there's fuck all to be said in comparing the quality of turds.

That seems a strange way of viewing the issue to me

comparing the quality of players is surely what it is all about - regardless of which end of the scale you look at

Aye mitro is on fire pleased for the lad and no doubt so is Mike he can add a few quid on his selling price.

He is doing great, maybe he is one of those players who needed an arm around him and a run of games, or maybe the championship is his level, time will tell.

thing with him was we pursued him for years, had umpteen chances to come to us but refused to come here, he never really wanted to come.His heart was never here.

He started 3 League games and 2 League Cup games for us before being moved on, as a 22 year old in a foreign country. I don't know for sure, but neither do you unless he's told you differently, but that doesn't smack me of someone whose heart isn't in it, more that someone just didn't fancy him.

That happens and is any manager's prerogative, but your claim his heart wasn't in it is just guess work.

Neppos Newcastle were allegedly in for him when he was at Bastia (Carr had monitored him for quite some time) When he left there he went to Marseille. He chose them over moving to the premiership and all its riches.! Maybe he didn't fancy it then also maybe he didn't fancy the club and it's struggles or maybe just didn't see himself in that league at such a tender young age... where his heart was Marseille.... he is even quoted in the Chronicle as saying that is where his home is (home is where the heart is so they say )

His words are the transfer from Marseille to us happened quickly and he found it hard to settle....
If your heart is elsewhere and everything around you just doesn't seem right (cultures food etc all different to what you are used to ) it will have an effect on the role in which you are employed to do .. This may well have been evident to any coaches /manager.
He wanted to be elsewhere.
Guesswork as you say , perhaps but more like reading between the lines.

Both Thauvin and Cabella arrived and left without really fulfilling their potential in my view. Neither of them seemed to integrate into the squad. I got the impression Thauvin in particular never wanted to come over.