Fulham | Vital Football

Fulham

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
There must be a chance now that Fulham will be promoted and Mitro will consider he has bettered himself with the move. Meanwhile we persevere with Joselu, and hope Slimani manages to raise himself from his sick bed and perform miracles.

Don't get me wrong, I still maintain Mitro is poor, just less poor and more fit than the available options.

I guess it might help that Slimani doesn't have to worry about staying fit for the world cup. He might fancy putting a shift in looking for his next big contract.

Mitrovic is still our player and unless any club meets Ashley's valuation (which will be an increased one for every goal that is scored and a promotion that may arise), then he will have to stop here.

As for Mitro's worth to Fulham, if they go up and they buy him, his stock will fall soon enough if he's not helping out in defence in their obvious relegation battle that follows.

crooktownmags - 5/3/2018 12:11

There must be a chance now that Fulham will be promoted and Mitro will consider he has bettered himself with the move. Meanwhile we persevere with Joselu, and hope Slimani manages to raise himself from his sick bed and perform miracles.

Don't get me wrong, I still maintain Mitro is poor, just less poor and more fit than the available options.

I guess it might help that Slimani doesn't have to worry about staying fit for the world cup. He might fancy putting a shift in looking for his next big contract.

Still banging on about him ? Are you his agent or Mrs ?

Neither, and please accept my sincere apologies for daring to discuss a Newcastle United player on a Newcastle United message board.

crooktownmags - 5/3/2018 15:25

Neither, and please accept my sincere apologies for daring to discuss a Newcastle United player on a Newcastle United message board.

Accepted.

Mitro’s on fire, has he just found his level or is the player in there starting to develop, only time will tell I guess, remember Jon Dahl, wrong place wrong time.

His comments are spot on, we’ve played shit for years, Fulham play football. That’s not excusing his form here, but any striker thrives more playing in an offensive side, they get more chances for one, which means more practice.

Very true, and we know who that is down to.

If the manager is not allowed to invest in talent, you have to play a system. Ashley has engineered a £15m transfer surplus with Rafa. Imagine if that £15m (plus an Ayoze fee) had been invested in a number 10 to support Mitro, or £15m plus Mitro had been invested in a top quality striker. What if Rafa had been allowed to buy Townsend back?

Whichever way you look at it, it all comes back to the fat man.

Indeed we all know where the blame lies, be interesting to see how his career goes, we all know he can be the musclebound Serbian hard knock at this level, but in the top flight you’re up against centre backs who aren’t scared and are clever, the latter which makes the difference between a good player and a top class one.

Looks like the manager also has a bit of faith in him , which will help alot.
Hope he scores bucket full of goals, goes to the world cup and knocks a few in there also.
May drive the price up if and when Rafa decides to sell (presuming he is still here of course)

Toon_NoMatterWot - 5/3/2018 13:59

Mitrovic is still our player and unless any club meets Ashley's valuation (which will be an increased one for every goal that is scored and a promotion that may arise), then he will have to stop here.

As for Mitro's worth to Fulham, if they go up and they buy him, his stock will fall soon enough if he's not helping out in defence in their obvious relegation battle that follows.

Relegation battle Toony? If Fulham end up in the same division as Newcastle next year, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they finished above them.

crooktownmags - 7/3/2018 19:41

Good goals he scored too, he who may not be mentioned I mean.

And again. There's just nothing to debate where he's concerned. He's failed in a Newcastle shirt for a myriad of reasons but largely because he's let the club, manager and fans down numerous times. Yet it's a drum that you continue to beat. If you've had two seasons including one in a weaker league and still can't convince you're not good enough. Now about Adam Armstrong .......

I think you mistake me for someone else KK, as I said above "still maintain Mitro is poor, just less poor and more fit than the available options". He is nowhere near good enough, but better than Joselu.

Has Joselu not let the club down by basically being shite at football?

It will be funny if we get relegated, Fulham get promoted and Mitro refuses to come back because he doesn't want to play in the championship. Yeah I know he has a contract and all that, and they stick to those contract things don't they?

Of course there is a debate to be had Keggy - up to you whether you choose to ignore it of course

9 goals in his first season in the PL as a 21 year old in a relegated squad under McLaren

Banging good goals in for a side that likes to play football

Current boss raving about him

Opposition boss claiming he should be playing PL football

Benitez refusing to allow him to go to another PL club

He's got his issues without a doubt but it seems like there are a lot of people jumping on the fact that Benitez won't/can't include him to try and destroy the lad

McCreery - 8/3/2018 12:48

Of course there is a debate to be had Keggy - up to you whether you choose to ignore it of course

9 goals in his first season in the PL as a 21 year old in a relegated squad under McLaren

Banging good goals in for a side that likes to play football

Current boss raving about him

Opposition boss claiming he should be playing PL football

Benitez refusing to allow him to go to another PL club

He's got his issues without a doubt but it seems like there are a lot of people jumping on the fact that Benitez won't/can't include him to try and destroy the lad

Really I just don't see what there is to be said unless he's playing well for Newcastle United. His form at Fulham has no bearing on how he'd play for us currently a league above. It's the same as saying he's good for Serbia. So what ? .