Fulham | Vital Football

Fulham

Block Sands

Vital Reserves Team
Pools are to take Fulham to the EFL’s Professional Football Compensation Committee over the circumstances surrounding their signing of Luca Murphy and refusing to compensate HUFC. I don’t know if there’s a case to answer or not but I’m pleased Raj & Co didn’t just roll over. The odds will be stacked against us but Fulham aren’t a mega-club so we might get something.

Besides a bit of sharp practice on the part of Fulham, it doesn't shine a very good light on Luca, if the newspaper story is to be believed. Need to hear his side of the story, I suppose, but it looks as though he might have engineered his contract termination with Pools so as to avoid compensation to the Club.

I doubt than a young lad like Murphy would be able to engineer that on his own. I think it's more than likely that an agent was involved.

I don't say he engineered it on his own. But, according to the Club, it was his 'deteriorating behaviour' that led to the termination of his contract. Fulham then allegedly signed him 11 days later. If true, a nice little concerted effort by player, agent and Fulham.

I see that Murphy is currently without a club having been released by Fulham. Poetic justice in my opinion.

Personally I feel somewhat sorry for Luca, his hopes and ambitions would appear to have disappeared.
You just wonder how many young lads have seen their hopes similarly curtailed?

Last edited: