Fuham v Manchester City- Saturday 13th March 2021 -20:00 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Fuham v Manchester City- Saturday 13th March 2021 -20:00 GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
You Lucky People - Tommy Trinder
I thought I would start this one with a complaint regarding the We're Not really Here show that is aired pre-match on the City+ and OS site www.mancity.com on the game versus JoMU, I don't know what the producer was thinking when he had David James as a pundit, he is without a doubt a Liverpool fan, but says the right things on the show because they pay him to appear, he is the only one that never wears any City clothing, unlike the others that appear and you can tell that his heart is not with the Club unlike former player Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov, just to name two as examples, but he jinxed the game.... Just saying.
It was a good Day on Wednesday although we did not start like a house on fire, but did a job on Southampton, a game now without controversy namely both penalty decisions, one give and one not, as it turns out neither mattered but remembering Super Mario 'Why Always Us(me)'
We are going down to London to take on a Fulham team who verge on relegation and are in desperate need of points, but there is still enough points to be had to avoid the drop, we just hope that they don't get any from this game. Scott Parker their coach is doing OK, but of course lack of funds and the willingness of players of quality to attach themselves to a newly promoted club is always difficult, I shall digress here for moment as I remember when ADUG took control of City and people were falling over backwards to say they would never sign for City, even though they had not been asked and why would they join City when they could play for a better team like JoMU, and then you start to wonder when players did start to sign for City why was FFP introduced when it was fair before this? That is why Fulham need to establish themselves in the premier and then they be more desirable.
This week on #WNRH (for our tweeters) the Guests are Michael Brown & Richard Dunne

City Team News - Everyone came through the midweek match unscathed and it was good to see Sergio Aguero get a cameo appearance and he may well do so again this Saturday, Nathan Ake, who has been in full training this week, should make the bench in place of the Summer departee Garcia ad finally Phil Foden has been practising staying down when tackled

City - Fulham Connections
Tosin Adarabioyo, Graham Baker, Kevin Ball, Peter Beardsley (on loan only), Wayne Bridge, Michael Brown, Andy Cole, Chris Coleman(youth), Jimmy Conway, Gordon Davies, Dickson Etuhu, Thomas Hutchinson, Niclas Jensen, Rodney Marsh (the original), Martin O'Neill, Terry Phelan, Patrick Roberts, Kit Symons,

Beat the Pep
Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
De Bruyne Rodri, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus

Match Officials
Referee:
Andre Marriner.
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Long.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Craig Pawson. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

A BT Sport game (subscription needed UK)

Next

Champions League (2nd Leg)Tuesday 16th March 20:00 GMT Bucharest

Manchester City (Home) v Borussia Mönchengladbach
(Agg 2-0)

Last edited:
Great shout Buzz 👍🏻 If Pep’s reaction to events on Wednesday are anything to go by he will have little trouble motivating the troops to continue delivering even in the face of ludicrous, inexplicable decisions. We weathered a storm from Southampton who really had us on the back foot and forced errors the most egregious of which IMO was Kyle Walker’s vacant back-heal to nowhere when surrounded by Opponents by the touch line any of whoshe ankles he could have played the ball against for a throw in.

Time for real focus now despite our points advantage (equivalent of an extra point just like in 2012). One Game at a Time & no hubris - let’s get this job done :punch:

This could easily be a banana skin. As we all know, Fulham are fighting to stay in the Prem and will give it everything they’ve got. Parker has them well-drilled and they’ll be confident after dispatching the dips.
Not to be taken lightly at all.

This could easily be a banana skin. As we all know, Fulham are fighting to stay in the Prem and will give it everything they’ve got. Parker has them well-drilled and they’ll be confident after dispatching the dips.
Not to be taken lightly at all.

any team in the Premier can beat any team on their day, if we want that Crown, then we have to treat every game as a final and pay respect to your opponent, but you have to be on top of your game, to lose only one in 23 games has hardly been lauded and that is probably my imagination, but you have to think had that been Stretford or the failed Trade Mark guys I have no doubt that Sky would go to every length possible that this was the greatest achievement ever in English football

The outstanding achievement of the squad, coached and led by Pep in reaching these milestones (21 consecutive wins all comps, 28 matches unbeaten ...) have been greeted almost with an air of resignation by the pundits and seriously underplayed for sure. That pesky Pep with his new-fangled foreign ideas about how to play The Beautiful Game is confounding them again. How dare he! Tisk tisk. :wagging:

The outstanding achievement of the squad, coached and led by Pep in reaching these milestones (21 consecutive wins all comps, 28 matches unbeaten ...) have been greeted almost with an air of resignation by the pundits and seriously underplayed for sure. That pesky Pep with his new-fangled foreign ideas about how to play The Beautiful Game is confounding them again. How dare he! Tisk tisk. :wagging:

All done with Oil money, what they don't realise is they have increased our business beyond our wildest dreams, inside one of the top 10 richest clubs in turn over for approximately £60 million a year, they have built an empire to compete with the top clubs and bent a few noses on the way

XI | Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Mendy, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Torres, Jesus, Aguero (C)

SUBS | Steffen, Walker, Gundogan, Zinchenko, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Foden, Garcia

No Sterling in the squad but he has looked a bit jaded recently and a rest will do him good, Pep says he is not injured just a matter of rotation

The starting XI has certainly sparked some discussion - here are our guests on #WNRH...

MICHEAL BROWN: "Which two do you pick of the three - Stones, Dias or Laporte? The question has been answered now, are we going to see a back three? I think so! It will be fascinating.

RICHARD DUNNE: "On paper that’s what it looks like [3 at back]. Fulham had a really good result at Anfield. Stones can either play in central midfield or even drop into right back - you just don’t know what the team is going to look like on the pitch. I think the back 3 gives the players further forward that bit of security.

"Going forward it gives us more options. Torres and Jesus may have more freedom to attack inside and see the wingbacks push up the flank."

OS mancity.com

Pep pre-match...
ON ROTATION: "We are doing what we have done in the last 2 or 3 months - everyone is involved. "

ON AGUERO: "The sense of goal he always has. We thought today was a good day for him, so he starts."

ON FULHAM: "Of course we have respect for what they have done so far, Parker is a young manager and they are growing in the right way. Fulham have been nice to watch from the start of the season. "

I wonder what role Mendy is going to play.

I would think that he would be trying to get down the left to get in those crosses, Laporte being left footed he has cover, but sometimes he is not as good backtracking but on his day he can deliver some brilliant balls into the box and Aguero could take advantage of those