Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings)

This isn't gas and electric however with my last one moving out of home I am having my water utilities swapped to a meter.

This will save me £18 per month and half my water bill
Watch they don't come back kef.
SouthWest Water have just contacted to say they want my standing order increased to£78.50 per month.
This doesn't include the £50 per annum the government pay in recognition of the fact that we have to pay the EU clean water directive for the beaches. True cost approx £82 per month.
Most expensive water in the UK.
Bloody French owned.

SouthWest Water have just contacted to say they want my standing order increased to£78.50 per month.
This doesn't include the £50 per annum the government pay in recognition of the fact that we have to pay the EU clean water directive for the beaches. True cost approx £82 per month.
Bloody French owned.
Blimey I thought my water bill was high and I'm not on a meter !! That is mega bucks for water

Looks about right if you're in one of the higher council tax bands and you aren't on a meter .

That's fucking ridiculous if true - unless Wit has 3 bathrooms and bogs and had adopted 6 Ukranians - the logic doesn't make sense. Ours is give or take £30ish a month?

Bloody French owned.

But, but, but we were supposed to take back control 😳 Damn French get in everywhere 😏

But, but, but we were supposed to take back control 😳 Damn French get in everywhere 😏
71% of all water company shares in UKwater companies are foreign owned
Damage was done years ago.
Not just water companies, the true world leaders are the bosses and shareholders of the multi nationals.
The Johnson's, Macrons, Bidens etc can shout all they like but it only gets them so far.
That water account by the way is metered.
If it's just you at home you should be quids in 👍

Blimey I thought my water bill was high and I'm not on a meter !! That is mega bucks for water
It's not big for down here mate, it's fairly average.
South West Water will quote a figure of around five/ six hundred pounds, but they never include the sewerage charge which is 98% of the water bill, then added on.
Very sore subject down here, and the fact that the government agreed to pay £50 towards everyone's bill show how politically damaging it has the potential to be.

if its any consolation we pay north of £900 per annum but we aren't on a meter (yet)
Interesting.
When I bought the house twenty four years ago the water charge was £55 per month, unmetered.
Christ knows what it would be know with all those increases over twenty four years.

That really can't be right Wittonite?
It's absolutely spot on Mike.
It was only last week that I screwed up the letter from South West, and launched it into the woodburner., or I would post it.
As said why would the government agree to pay us £50 towards our water bills.
This was done approximately ten years ago to shut us all up.

That's fucking ridiculous if true - unless Wit has 3 bathrooms and bogs and had adopted 6 Ukranians - the logic doesn't make sense. Ours is give or take £30ish a month?
I so wish mine was anywhere near that Mike.
As posted above on rateble value twenty four years ago it was £55 per month for a band D property. This is not uncommon in South West region .

outhwestwater.co.uk
https://www.southwestwater.co.uk › ...
How much water does an average person use?
If you're not on a meter, your average daily use is estimated to be around 179 litres per person.
Ignore the link Mike its shit.
But South West Water use the above figure of 179 litres per day to calculate unmetered water and sewerage.
That 179× 365 ÷ 1000 gives you cubic meter use per year, per person multiply by 4 for average family then multiply by £6, the approx cost of water, sewage and standing charge. Equals £1568.04.
That was from 2018.

Checked the price of Brent Crude just, and in 2011,2012,2013,2014, it was more than it is now, but fuel was 40per litre less.
Bloody rip off.

That still doesn't explain £2.00 per litre

Not all of it, but a large chunk. It was $2 to the pound last time.

Biden has made OPEC increase production, and US suppliers are ramping up, so it will be interesting to see if they bring down forecourt prices as wholesale drops.

Not all of it, but a large chunk. It was $2 to the pound last time.

Biden has made OPEC increase production, and US suppliers are ramping up, so it will be interesting to see if they bring down forecourt prices as wholesale drops.
Yes, very interesting.
Most commentators seem to think it will stay at this level for quite a while to come yet. Are the big companies profits, Shell, BP etc purely down to pound, dollar. There has to be a n element of profiteering in there.

There was talk today of petrol increasing by another 20p per litre over the coming weeks.