Frustration | Vital Football

Frustration

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
Supporting a team like sheffield united. when chance presents its self do we not take it. well i suppose it puts our feet firmly on the ground and we will learn that this division dosnt allow for complacency. sitters missed and a bit of bottling it from the players sees us lose . its a fucked up division where anyone beats anyone.

We needed players like Norwood and Fleck to be difference makers today, and they both had nothing games - despite being against a side you'd assume play a style that would give our midfielders time and space. Very frustrating this Swansea side have the full 6 points against us.

Only really Hendo, JOC and Goal Machine who can be satisfied with the game they had. Madine should be in the starting 11 at Carrow Road.

Last edited:
I'd like Madine to start next week too. I'll not say in who's place...

Possibly Dowell as well.

There's not a huge amount of games left. Wilder can't be too slow to bring these players in when others are having dips in form.

the thing that worries me is that we are an ageing team - and that's what we looked like in the second half - running out of steam, and leg heavy.

I hope this will not be the second season where we fade - let's hope that was a one off - because we really didn't look like a top of the table side all night.

Performing at 90% in this league isn't good enough. Its 100% or get beaten. We didn't get the bit of luck in the first half with two good chances. Fair play to Swansea, they changed their midfield tactics at half time (like they did at BDTBL first game), Fleck and Norwood dropped deeper, and we were knackered from there. No time for doom and gloom though. Everyone beats everyone and its still all to play for.

Performing at 90% in this league isn't good enough. Its 100% or get beaten. We didn't get the bit of luck in the first half with two good chances. Fair play to Swansea, they changed their midfield tactics at half time (like they did at BDTBL first game), Fleck and Norwood dropped deeper, and we were knackered from there. No time for doom and gloom though. Everyone beats everyone and its still all to play for.
yeah agree was always gonna be a difficult game and i didnt fancy us to get owt there anyway know norwich are flying but i fancied us there more than swansea but will be glad when these 2 games are out of the way

I think they ran out of steam in the second half - they had expelled a lot of energy in the first half pressing high up the pitch and it didn't happen in the second.

I think they ran out of steam in the second half - they had expelled a lot of energy in the first half pressing high up the pitch and it didn't happen in the second.
thing is monte its a bit of a recurring problem must have happened 6 or 7 times this season especially when we play the better teams dominate for an hour dont put our chances away then concede in final 30 do think we need a young pacy striker in just to put a bit of pressure on billy and goldie who dont get me wrong have both been brilliant for us this season but im afraid leon and conor dont look as though there gonna push em enough still plenty to play for and top 6 and top 2 still within our reach utb ftp

I thought we were a bit one dimensional yesterday,
we don't seem to be able to change style to affect teams. I thought Swansea looked a good side and will push for top six imo, impressed with their manager who has put a good pacy young team together not sure at what cost though, not seen any big signings in their team, credit to them they worked us out and played on our weakness' they won't be the last team to do that and for me that's the worrying thing, we need pace and and an alternative style if we are going to get out of this division, one more thing, I'm getting bored of hearing about our limited budget a lot of managers have to work with limited resources and difficult owners it's beginning to sound like a ready made excuse for our management team, CW has done a great job so far but some things are starting to grind a little, I don't remember the great John Harris bleating about not being able to afford to buy Jimmy Greaves, but then he did buy an unknown called Tony Currie.

This is the only explanation I can come up with for the sloppiness and lack of concentration along the back line JOC apart who was immense. When madine came on we started launching it long to him instead of trying to get round the sides to cross it in and as time ran out we then started playing it about again as tho there was half an hour left,this was where someone like Norwood needed to get hold of things but the midfield just disappeared 2nd half instead of stepping up suggesting they dint have owt left to give
Very frustrating we are so near yet at times so far away

This is the only explanation I can come up with for the sloppiness and lack of concentration along the back line JOC apart who was immense. When madine came on we started launching it long to him instead of trying to get round the sides to cross it in and as time ran out we then started playing it about again as tho there was half an hour left,this was where someone like Norwood needed to get hold of things but the midfield just disappeared 2nd half instead of stepping up suggesting they dint have owt left to give
Very frustrating we are so near yet at times so far away
thats my worry bulmer when you have a big target man in there we do tend to take the easy option and lump it upfield dont like madine but if like you say get it out wide and then get crosses in to him he could cause mayhem and i think he will get goals with the right service i think were crying out for a bit of individuality in the team someone who can take players out of the game and has pace but of course not easy getting somebody in of that ilk but do think chris has to try and get 1 more in this window

we cant cross though we had 59 chances to cross and 40 hit the first mans shins only two got through and unfortunately our forwards need more than one chance each to score

we cant cross though we had 59 chances to cross and 40 hit the first mans shins only two got through and unfortunately our forwards need more than one chance each to score
Well not for me to tell anyone how their team should train but I’d have em all out there practising until they could

Well not for me to tell anyone how their team should train but I’d have em all out there practising until they could
not a bad idea bully that especially now weve got a target man to aim for if madines on the pitch we have to give him proper service or theres no point him being on