Friendly Watford | Vital Football

Friendly Watford

All the details on Twitter , Graham, big john, and Willock scored
Dominated the first half against Watford under 23s 3-1 at half time.
We bought on our youth team in the second half and the game sort of fizzled out.
A good fitness run out.

Now I understand why PS is always going on about sailing this ship anywhere, when you got guns like that, yes you can sail anywhere, seriously great job PS

Paul Raynors views post match -

After talking about a quality player like Kyle Dempsey coming here, Paul says “Credit to the gaffer and Paul Scally getting the cheque-book out. We’re not finished yet”.

Things you love to hear 👍

Great listening to PR and SE talking with confidence, passion, enthusiasm and belief. The way they engage with us and get us fans onboard and believing what they say, is something that ever since PS took over, I can only remember with Martin Allen. Maybe the mists of time help me forget what it was like under Tony Pulis, but SE and PR have captured me and are dragging me along in their beliefs.

It's gonna be a good year, oh yeah.

Great listening to PR and SE talking with confidence, passion, enthusiasm and belief. The way they engage with us and get us fans onboard and believing what they say, is something that ever since PS took over, I can only remember with Martin Allen. Maybe the mists of time help me forget what it was like under Tony Pulis, but SE and PR have captured me and are dragging me along in their beliefs.

It's gonna be a good year, oh yeah.
Every manager talks a good game when we're doing well.

Evans is getting his targets. I think the reason for that could be in part the new spending rules .Also the strategy of going for a smaller squad.Come November there is a chance that players might sign for clubs on close to minimum wage.So this season it could be a good strategy to go with a tiny squad of good players and add to it as required.

I have always valued utility players. I am glad our manager appears to have the same opinion. Having someone who will give it a go to do the best job he can in a different role is a valuable resource regardless of what business you have.I could never stand the attitude of i can't do it and I am not going to try .Matt Lawrence at full back is a example. I know it was a poor managers decision. But give it you best shot is always my attitude.

Evans is getting his targets. I think the reason for that could be in part the new spending rules .Also the strategy of going for a smaller squad.Come November there is a chance that players might sign for clubs on close to minimum wage.So this season it could be a good strategy to go with a tiny squad of good players and add to it as required.
You could be right there.
Start the season with a small squad and maybe pick up a few decent out of contracts after the season has started.

You could be right there.
Start the season with a small squad and maybe pick up a few decent out of contracts after the season has started.
Yes let face it it is going to be really difficult for players that don't get signed so if we can provide accommodation and a basic wage then I can see good squad players taking a short term deal in a attempt to stay in the game.This would also mean everyone signed has a real chance. Only signing more if you really need to.If we don't then maybe the club could look at sending Walsh out on loan in January and look at bringing in another keeper on a short term deal as fitness should not be a issue. I take it Bonham is out of contract at the end of the season so having a experienced keeper desperate to impress could spur them both on.