Friendlies | Vital Football

Friendlies

McParlandTheGreat

Vital Champions League
Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere. We played Bristol City in a friendly this afternoon, or rather two friendlies, each of 60 minutes. BC won the first 1-0, we won the second 1-0 (Samatta).

Just been in the pub with a veritable bastard pot of teams supporters, all talking about pre season matches they've played. I'm not aware of any we have lined up....not even the annual tonking of Walsall.

I know we played city today in two 60 min matches (samatta scored) but I'm not aware of any other games lined up. Maybe I dozed off and missed the announcements.

Only a few weeks left so surely something is lined up against half decent opposition??? Anyone know?

I miss the days where the club would promote things, screen them or even give bare basic information like line ups.

It's not like fans want that kind of information is it? They could even set up an official website or Twatter feed to give said information. This isn't 2019 after all.

No friendlies arranged as I am aware.

I think the massive uncertainty about what you can and can't do put paid to arranging anything long term.

Just been in the pub with a veritable bastard pot of teams supporters, all talking about pre season matches they've played. I'm not aware of any we have lined up....not even the annual tonking of Walsall.

I know we played city today in two 60 min matches (samatta scored) but I'm not aware of any other games lined up. Maybe I dozed off and missed the announcements.

Only a few weeks left so surely something is lined up against half decent opposition??? Anyone know?

Rumours that we're trying to arrange a friendly with the Pakistan Cricket team......

:whist:

According to the b.mail the reason when the Bristol matches were kept silent was because the nature of the ground meant it was difficult to keep supporters away. Bit of an odd one.

Whatever, hope it means Samatta is firing. We may need him ...

Suppose that does make sense, keep it on the down low, don't get the berks turning up breaking rules.

Just had a peruse of the official site photos from the Bristol match. Nice to see Jed Steer in there - although he looks like a cross between Lansbury and Chico Hamilton with that barnet!!!