Friday Trivia | Vital Football

Friday Trivia

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
Which 90’s Gills signing had to give up a degree course at the University of Greenwich to join us?

I do believe that scally was considering/part way through a degree before he bought the gills. He then went on to register himself and put his name in the squad in the programme in the 90s. Is that right?

Dunno if Scally was studying or not but he definitely registered himself and threatened to play himself.

So pleased he decided not to do it as it would have been a very embarrassing decision for both him and the club in general.

Leo was studying at Greenwich when he joined us. Iffy has an economics degree from Bradford and Matt Lawrence a degree in American Literature from Hartwick College in the USA.
Scally had started a law degree as a mature student and is an example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Leo was studying at Greenwich when he joined us. Iffy has an economics degree from Bradford and Matt Lawrence a degree in American Literature from Hartwick College in the USA.
Scally had started a law degree as a mature student and is an example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.
Great knowledge. IIRC Leo’s was economics or something to do with the Business Environment too? Although from what I remember of the local news report it was a long time ago.

That was back when the ‘sign a striker’ fund worked well :cool:

Dunno if Scally was studying or not but he definitely registered himself and threatened to play himself.

So pleased he decided not to do it as it would have been a very embarrassing decision for both him and the club in general.

Now, my mind may be playing tricks on me but I got a feeling Scally was bang up for coming on for the last few minutes of a meaningless end of season game yet it was Pulis who wouldn’t allow it. Just another of the many things they disagreed on. Anyone confirm or deny this useless fact???

Now, my mind may be playing tricks on me but I got a feeling Scally was bang up for coming on for the last few minutes of a meaningless end of season game yet it was Pulis who wouldn’t allow it. Just another of the many things they disagreed on. Anyone confirm or deny this useless fact???
You’re correct.

Think it was the last home game of the 95/96 season after we had secured promotion at Fulham.