Freedom of Speech | Page 9 | Vital Football

Freedom of Speech

Oh to add, if he really wanted to change his persona to be taken more seriously, he could do but it would annoy his friends in the process.

In what way does Islam get a free pass?

Maybe I should have said "special treatment".

Richard Dawkins had a speech at the University of California cancelled last year because of a 4 year old tweet about Islam. He said something along the lines of Islam is the greatest force of evil in the world today.

The word "Islamophobia" is used to justify shutting down any negative discussion about Islam. Christopher Hitchens warned about it years ago.

Lol SJH, I didn't explain myself that well and I crawled to bed not long after posting the last one - what I was trying to say was I knew you were wanting to talk more about the speech elements, but it's a by product of somebody like Robinson we all get sucked into corners and end up arguing tangents without actually meaning to.

And we both have looking back lol

And yes, the proper debates do get muddied by the backgrounds of those involved rather than it being more straight laced and targeted.

Totally, I was just using him as an example really, fucking regretted it!

Maybe I should have said "special treatment".

Richard Dawkins had a speech at the University of California cancelled last year because of a 4 year old tweet about Islam. He said something along the lines of Islam is the greatest force of evil in the world today.

The word "Islamophobia" is used to justify shutting down any negative discussion about Islam. Christopher Hitchens warned about it years ago.

I think there is plenty of criticism of Saudi Arabia's policies and issues like FGM where it occurs. I don't think there is any reluctance to criticise Islam where it oppresses people. However, there is also a lot of sensitivity around lumping all Muslims into these categories as someone like Tommy Robinson might do. Islam has some pretty major flaws but it is also a very diverse religion. What Islam means to a second generation immigrant in the US, what it means to a young person in Saudi and what it means to an Indonesian are vastly different things.

I think there is plenty of criticism of Saudi Arabia's policies and issues like FGM where it occurs. I don't think there is any reluctance to criticise Islam where it oppresses people. However, there is also a lot of sensitivity around lumping all Muslims into these categories as someone like Tommy Robinson might do. Islam has some pretty major flaws but it is also a very diverse religion. What Islam means to a second generation immigrant in the US, what it means to a young person in Saudi and what it means to an Indonesian are vastly different things.

Yeah, I would agree, but it seems it's only acceptable to criticise Islam as long as it's not in the West. I do get the sensitivity around it too, and anyone who lumps all Muslims in with radicals is a twat, but we have to get past that and address the problems. I know there are many different interpretations of the Quran, but if you watch any of what Mohammed Tawhidi says, there is a power struggle with what it means. He is for the reformation of Islam, but unfortunately right now he's in the minority. I actually fear for the guy because he faces nonstop death threats.

Look, I get that everyone hates Tommy Yaxley whatever, but I would urge anyone to watch the discussion with the Imam, I found it fascinating. You have to give him at least some credit, he's done his research on the Quran and Islam, otherwise he would have looked a fool in that interview.

Yaxley-Lennon. Thinks, because he's clearly thick, what he was doing was fighting for justice. What the prick could have done though is ruin the trial, and so justice, against the paedophile ring.

Anything for attention.

Can't stand this bloke being given so much oxygen in the press

Shame he isn't being done for the assault videoed at an England away game the other month..

People like him really are a cancer in society. And for the avoidance of doubt, or any snowflake accusations, so are those organising paedo rings, I'd string them up by the balls and leave them to suffer excruciating deaths.

Pathetic really the original conviction was set aside on a technicality as this **** has now cost the taxpayer even more money because some bellend ultimately felt they had to be utterly whiter than white.

Spot the irony.

So he gets a 'win' and then his supporters can now claim 'he's been stitched up again'.

Absolute joke.

And the former UKIP leader at the rally when he came out of court. To think, people actually support these nut cases.

agreed MF, it is a minority, but I find it unbelievable they follow the likes of whatever he is calling himself this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48950672

Will serve about 10 weeks apparently.

Am I the only one spotting the irony about his tshirt yet his supporters were reportedly harrassing journalists after the conviction as they headed to College Green for that time honoured privilege of looking like a complete twat on TV.