Freedom of Speech | Page 7 | Vital Football

Freedom of Speech

What a bizarre debate for a freedom of speech debate.

Trouble is, surely it is freedom of speech so I'll have to allow it!

lol, yep, can't even remember how it came to this.

But I would put 3rd wave feminists in the same pyscho group as SJWs, and this mob is great at trying to control people's speech and opinions.

Why should women have to become like men to succeed?

Is think it has been proven that it is more effective in getting ahead in careers. I don't think it's right, but it's reality. Feminists think men should take on feminine traits in the workplace, but how do you implement this?

Maybe in the future things will be like that as there seems to be a huge effort to demasculate young boys. That's going to work out just great.

Well, you would have to start young. Stop pushing children down either path. It's easier for girls now, with the advent of women's sport etc, but I still think boys are pressured into doing male activities.

I wonder what would happen is there were absolutely no external influences? Impossible I know, but the results would be interesting.

Sure would Heath. Hard to tell how it would work out.

I think there is still biological traits that would influence the paths. Women give birth, that's something that can't be changed. Men will always be physically more adept. That's just nature.

I think we have come a long way in fairness. A bit to go yet, but we're getting there.

This radical feminist notion that in the West, women are completely oppressed and we live in a misogynistic rape culture is beyond a joke. Maybe they need to live in the Middle East for a while to experience what women over there go through. Women in those countries suffer real oppression, and those fighting it are real feminists, not the privileged, virtue signalling, man hating femanazis we have over here.

I do agree it can go too far. They still want you to open doors for them and give up your seat. You can't have it both ways, as I regularly remind friends of mine. :cool::cool::cool:

We do have certain individual traits, but much of Nursing is physical, and better suited to men. It's just that if a man becomes a nurse everyone assumes he's gay. I have two friends who are Air Stewards, or whatever they call themselves these days. People assume they are gay all the time, but they're not. It's just a job they enjoy, and with Gatwick being local, it's convenient.

It is impossible to solve all these issues, because as you say we are different. It would just be nice if some of the imbalances were irradiated.

Well, you would have to start young. Stop pushing children down either path. It's easier for girls now, with the advent of women's sport etc, but I still think boys are pressured into doing male activities.

I wonder what would happen is there were absolutely no external influences? Impossible I know, but the results would be interesting.

I'd guess you'd end up with Victor of Aveyron.

Actor James Woods the latest to be locked out of his Twitter account, basically because he's a conservative.

I follow him on Twitter and he never posted anything that would break the "rules". But there are no rules anymore. Looks more and more like Big Tech are election meddling, that's what the censorship is about.

Shit stirring alert....I don't really have a problem with him.

I used to think he was some kind of right-wing, neo-Nazi scumbag, but then I watched some of his stuff, and I don't see what the big fuss is. Also he has Sky News by the balls for deliberately taking something he said during an interview with them, and putting it in a completely different context just to make him look bad. Their credibility is gone for good.

As for the PayPal thing, well is he promoting hate, violence or other intolerance? Who defines what these things are now? This is a very good point by Jordan Peterson on BBC recently...

How long more will the professional victims and perpetually offended have their way?

Academics who are frightened to explore controversial topics, in case it provokes a backlash, will soon have a safer route to publish such work.

An international group of university researchers is planning a new journal which will allow articles on sensitive debates to be written under pseudonyms.

They feel free intellectual discussion on tough issues is being hampered by a culture of fear and self-censorship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-46146766

How long more will the professional victims and perpetually offended have their way?

Academics who are frightened to explore controversial topics, in case it provokes a backlash, will soon have a safer route to publish such work.

An international group of university researchers is planning a new journal which will allow articles on sensitive debates to be written under pseudonyms.

They feel free intellectual discussion on tough issues is being hampered by a culture of fear and self-censorship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-46146766

Madness. You can't publish scientifically verified research in case it offends someone?

I guess Charles Murray wasn't an exception but an outlier.

Re Tommy Stephen Yaxley-Lennon Andrew McMaster Paul Harris Robinson:

I don't have a problem with him per se, he's clearly a jumped up little shit trying to grind his axe in any way he can.

Re: Katie Hopkins:

What an utterly despicable, publicity-seeking, talent-show-failing, ultra-right-fawning, ridiculous-child-naming no-mark twat she really is.

I was brought up to open doors for women.
To follow women up the stairs but, to precede them coming down the stairs.
To always walk on the side nearest the traffic.
To stand when a woman enters the room.
To pull out and push in a seat for a woman.
To help a woman put on or remove her coat.
To never ever raise my hand to a woman, no matter the provocation.
To always protect a woman from abuse, physical or verbal.
To give up my seat for a woman.
And a thousand and one other things that add up to caring for women in general.
I still do these things, unthinkingly.

Although I have been castigated for doing such things by maybe 40 women in my lifetime, by far the vast majority of women have smiled and said thank you.

You may wonder what doing such things has to do with freedom of speech.
Well, they set a tone, a way of accepting that other people can be different physically and/or in thoughts but, just because they are different, doesn't make them wrong.
It is possible for civillised people to have a debate, even an emotionally charged debate, without resorting to words of violence or becoming derogatory towards the other participants.

Last edited:
It is possible for civillised people to have a debate, even an emotionally charged debate, without resorting to words of violence or becoming derogatory towards the other participants.

I am really hoping you are addressing these comments towards Katie Hopkins?

I completely share your values, attitudes and behaviours toward women. But I will draw the line at this despicable excuse for a human being. Male or female, her treatment of others is beyond a disgrace. There are no words for behaviour, time and again.

just because they are different, doesn't make them wrong.

In her case it does. She is filled with bile and hatred and will say anything, literally anything, which grabs headlines and keeps her in the public eye.

I find it sickening that someone like her has been afforded the opportunity to advance her "fame" and fortune (despite any apparent absence of authority, comprehension nor social sensibility) through such racist, xenophobic and (at best) populist articles.

Katie Hopkins is a piece of garbage. I really don't know why she's given a platform. At least Tommy Robinson has an argument to make, yet he's the one castigated, banned, censored and thrown in prison.

Whether people like him or not, this is what free speech is all about. This is a very interesting interview with Imam Mohammed Tawhidi. Two guys having a civilized conversation about Islam. You won't seen this on British mainstream television.

Katie Hopkins is a piece of garbage. I really don't know why she's given a platform. At least Tommy Robinson has an argument to make, yet he's the one castigated, banned, censored and thrown in prison.

Whether people like him or not, this is what free speech is all about. This is a very interesting interview with Imam Mohammed Tawhidi. Two guys having a civilized conversation about Islam. You won't seen this on British mainstream television.

Joe Rogan has led you down a dark path, brother.

Just because the SJWs are wrong, doesn't mean Tommy Robinson is right. When you find yourself on the same side of the argument as people like Tommy Robinson, you know you have gone too far.

People with extreme views have every right to hold those views and to express them but, by expressing them, they do open themselves up to being challenged, to having to defend, to explain their views.
People like Ms Katie Hopkins are given a platform to air their views to a mass audience, simply because the views expressed are controversial.
It would be interesting to know how Ms Hopkins, or Mr Robinson, actually formed their views in the first place.
It would be nice to know if the views they express so publicly, are the same views they hold in private, or if they are publicity junkies, forever having to come up with more and more extreme and obnoxious twists to stay in the public eye, to protect their rather flimsy celebrity.
There was, almost five hundred years ago, another Hopkins, one Mathew Hopkins, who was known as, The Witchfinder General. This man was a celebrity of his day but, a man that was feared throughout the land. Maybe the present day Hopkins, along with Mr Robinson, should also be feared, for they weaken civillisation by being given platforms to spew their hatred.

Joe Rogan has led you down a dark path, brother.

Just because the SJWs are wrong, doesn't mean Tommy Robinson is right. When you find yourself on the same side of the argument as people like Tommy Robinson, you know you have gone too far.

lol, I haven't gone full blown Hitler just yet BB!

Not sure why the Joe Rogan reference, I'm not an avid listener of his, at most I watch Youtube clips of various different guests, but anyway he doesn't have any extreme right-wingers on his show does he?

I just find the whole Tommy Robinson thing fascinating. He opposes radical Islam and he's active about it. He wants nothing to do with Nazism or racism and doesn't want people like that at his protests, he has made that pretty clear. I have no time Islam full stop, just like I have none for Christianity or Scientology or any other ridiculous beliefs.

I have watched a lot of his stuff, just to find something to expose him with, yet I can't find anything. I haven't been radicalised or been led down any path. The fascinating part for me is how the media and mainstream culture have demonized him and formulated people's opinions for them. If I'm missing a whole bunch of really bad stuff he's said or done, then by all means show me, and I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

If he is said to be inciting hate by criticising Islam, then we are in big trouble. No religion or belief system is above criticism.