Freedom of speech ng | Page 2 | Vital Football

Freedom of speech ng

The phrase "conducive to the public good" is far, far too vague for my liking. It could, in theory, be used to deny entry to this country of anyone from abroad who happens to disagree with current government policy (not saying that this is currently happening, just that it theoretically COULD be) and is open to misuse. The right to free speech should be absolute EXCEPT in cases where it is an incitement to violence or is intended to cause disorder (the usual example being shouting "fire!" in a crowded public space). Teaching a dog to do a Nazi salute is neither of those things, it is tasteless and unfunny sure, but is not going to lead to anyone going out and actually doing something (in this case against the Jewish community) that they wouldn't already have done. While I'm on the subject neither is posting the lyrics of a (freely available) rap song on Facebook in tribute to a deceased friend!
It's clear they meant incitement to violence and hatred but you've taken the phrase even more out of context than I did. Of course, freedom of speech is paramount but the people barred are spouting pure hatred, they're holocaust deniers and they've been invited to the UK by proscribed neo-nazi groups; sort VG either belongs to or has strong sympathies.

It's clear they meant incitement to violence and hatred but you've taken the phrase even more out of context than I did. Of course, freedom of speech is paramount but the people barred are spouting pure hatred, they're holocaust deniers and they've been invited to the UK by proscribed neo-nazi groups; sort VG either belongs to or has strong sympathies.
Examples pure hatred please Wayne ?

Holocaust denial / anti semitism is more of a Labour thing these days.

In the meantime hundreds ( or thousands?) are returning from Isis , and adding to the 20,000 + on the ' Jihadi interest ' list.
Not sure how many of these we see stopped at the border.

It's not about hatred to have meetings to discuss the issues surrounding immigration and Identity politics. Banning public speaking is wrong , and is being misused to try to silence an ever growing amount of people.

And haranguing and intimidating elderly men outside local mosques?

Assuming a muslim perpetrator behind every public incident before facts emerge. Oh yes and then failing to apolgise for making stuff up.

Suggesting that Islam encouages and condones child rape under the banner of rape jihad.

Ignoring the numerous instances of serious child abuse perpetrated by gangs and members of far right groups. One of Britain’s most deadly paedophile rings operated in Blackpool. A white child abuse gang consisting of BNP officials and supporters linked to the disappearance of Charlene Downes, with two people convicted of the murder of another young teenager Paige Chivers.

Plenty of violent unpleasantness on your side valencia, very little free speech, or tolerance and lots of big, fat lies.

If these people are as wrong as you say they are then you should welcome the chance for them to make fools of themselves! Shutting down debate just allows them to play the victim and doesn't do anything to refute them. If anything it allows them to become more popular because they are not challenged and refuted.

And haranguing and intimidating elderly men outside local mosques?

Assuming a muslim perpetrator behind every public incident before facts emerge. Oh yes and then failing to apolgise for making stuff up.

Suggesting that Islam encouages and condones child rape under the banner of rape jihad.

Ignoring the numerous instances of serious child abuse perpetrated by gangs and members of far right groups. One of Britain’s most deadly paedophile rings operated in Blackpool. A white child abuse gang consisting of BNP officials and supporters linked to the disappearance of Charlene Downes, with two people convicted of the murder of another young teenager Paige Chivers.

Plenty of violent unpleasantness on your side valencia, very little free speech, or tolerance and lots of big, fat lies.

Lies like this one ?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/refugee-tried-to-strangle-young-woman-181734/

Or maybe like this big lie

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/three-men-charged-with-car-park-rape-181846/

Or maybe the terrorism arrest in Rochester ?

Tell me how many crimes were committed by white men last year, or ex squaddies, or rugby players. Those sort of games are pathetic and so is your metronome storyline.

Old news again, everthing spouted from going down the youtube right wing rabbithole. They hook you by talking about your pet hates and make themselves look liberal by linking you to genuine liberals like the Canadian Peterson etc.
In the meantime the videos are also linked to far right sites, mohammed was a pedo, poor old liberals are banned from uk, ex ISIS are roaming your streets free, etc.

One of the people banned had been to the uk before and displayed
Mohammed was a pedo posters in a muslim area of Luton to incite a response in pretense of it being social experiment. They were here for an interview with Tony Robinson and to attend a far right meeting in Hyde Park. To me we should have let them in as freedom of speech is of more importance then a few lowlifes coming into the country. But - following that position you have to also let hate speaking muslim clerics in.

How easily led do you have to be to latch onto the pathetic pedo mohammed line. There are enough genuine issues with different minorities (and majorities) that could be discussed - see the governments new green paper on the subject.

To me the only free speech guy I would listen to is Professor Jorden Peterson.

Not sure how you apply 20th century laws on age of consent to the dark ages. In the 1800s, 10 years old was the common age of consent in the USA but we don't hear the far right talking of Americans as pedophiles.Bnd7EZTIgAEtHdd.jpg

Not me Wayne , I'm only interested in the world my grandkids inherit. Their culture is at risk.
Recent reports on the BBC and Sky both show populist and Identity politics growing strongly.
The situation with immigration will only get worse , meaning more europeans realise what is going on.

Returning to Free Speech...
I'm still waiting for your examples of 'pure hatred '

Holocaust denial is rampant among your right-wing colleagues; if that's not hatred I don't know what is and you have the nerve to visit war graves.

I've visited Belsen while serving in Germany.
I'm not denying anything. I have seen the evidence for myself.
In the meantime , there is mounting pressure on Labour to eradicate anti-semitism
Jeremy Corbyn and momentum are in denial , according to The Jewish Council/ Board .

People like you will always be against the Jews ,whatever they do ,and
you will always be pro-Palestinian Arabs
( or whatever other islamic cause you take )

I've visited Belsen while serving in Germany.
I'm not denying anything. I have seen the evidence for myself.
In the meantime , there is mounting pressure on Labour to eradicate anti-semitism
Jeremy Corbyn and momentum are in denial , according to The Jewish Council/ Board .

People like you will always be against the Jews ,whatever they do ,and
you will always be pro-Palestinian Arabs
( or whatever other islamic cause you take )
Get your facts right. The Labour Party is only anti-semitic according to the [unelected zionist] Jewish Council whose previous chair is now chief executive of the conservative party - get it? No wonder there is malicious intent behind the the latest flimsy accusations of antisemitism against Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party. Yes, members have been suspended and so they should be.In the meantime, there is serious concern at the rise of antisemitism, especially under extreme right wing governments [your buddies] in central and Eastern Europe. You may not think you're denying anything but you are in a way; you are using the same vile rhetoric that Hitler espoused in condemning jews and slavs when you talk about islam and it's followers. You are no different. I'm not at all anti-semitic - anti zionist or anti Israel maybe but so are many orthodox jews. I'm only pro-Palistinian because they have been illegally kicked out of their homelands. The irony is that the state of Israel's pro-settlement Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, enjoys good relations with the very far right political forces in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic who are fanning bigotry against minorities, including Jews. Typically, your arguments are based on ignorance peddled by far right wing groups; you fall for it every time and you have the nerve to visit war graves.