Free BT Sport for Sky Broadband customers?!? | Vital Football

Free BT Sport for Sky Broadband customers?!?

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Someone at work has just told me if you are a Sky TV and Broadband customer, you can phone up BT, give them your viewing card number and they will add the BT Sports channels to your Sky TV package free for 12 months.

Now to me that makes no sense whatso ever.

How can BT add channels to your Sky package?

Why would BT do that even if they could?

I've googled it and all I can find is stuff about if you switch your broadband to BT then you get the channels free, but this guy reckons you don't need to switch, just phone up give them your viewing card number and bobs your uncle.

Is he talking complete bollox?

DeanoVilla - 12/7/2013 11:25

Someone at work has just told me if you are a Sky TV and Broadband customer, you can phone up BT, give them your viewing card number and they will add the BT Sports channels to your Sky TV package free for 12 months.

I've googled it and all I can find is stuff about if you switch your broadband to BT then you get the channels free, but this guy reckons you don't need to switch, just phone up give them your viewing card number and bobs your uncle.

Yeah cos Bob isn't our Uncle, he is my brother-in-law :17:

More than likely. Most people get half a tale. Chinese whispers and all that jazz

DeanoVilla - 12/7/2013 11:25

As Kefkat says, it's Chinese whispers.

If you have Sky TV and BT Broadband, they will add the BT Channels to your Sky Box free. If you have Sky Broadband, they won't.

It specifically says on the BT Sport site http://www.bt.com/sport/

"You do not need to be a BT customer - but if you have our broadband, it's free. And it's only available direct from BT. "

Now I pay Sky for my broadband and they rent the BT line.

With it saying 'you don't need to be a BT customer' then I guess it's possible, but I can't see what they would get out of it, except perhaps higher viewing figures to sell advertising.