Four Day Week? | Vital Football

Four Day Week?

It seems like the way forward, keen to see what the data says. I've done 4 days compressed at various points (i.e. full time hours spread across 4 days) and it's great. Just four days sounds even better.

For companies that can do it I think its great. I saw one on the news last night, think it was a micro brewery and it was great.
It cant work for everybody though such as the NHS. Hospitals are 24/7 as are the Police. It would be impossible for them especially the Hospitals who are already having problems recruiting enough people just to keep up with it now.
Also hospitality where they are open 7 days a week. Could they afford to take on extra staff to cover, and from what I have read many are struggling to fill the vacancies they have already.
As for me I am not coming out of retirement to work one day a week let alone four.

Investors and the like might use the results to drive a 20% productivity gain though...

Reactions: TLP
For companies that can do it I think its great. I saw one on the news last night, think it was a micro brewery and it was great.
It cant work for everybody though such as the NHS. Hospitals are 24/7 as are the Police. It would be impossible for them especially the Hospitals who are already having problems recruiting enough people just to keep up with it now.
Also hospitality where they are open 7 days a week. Could they afford to take on extra staff to cover, and from what I have read many are struggling to fill the vacancies they have already.
As for me I am not coming out of retirement to work one day a week let alone four.

I have an old mate who works for a subcontractor to Intel. They work 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 3 days off. So he has been working 4 days a week for years, it's just never the same 4 days.

I sometimes work a 4 day week. I sometimes work a 7 day week. There were quite a few 1 day weeks before the pandemic. There was a period a few years ago when I was working more than 100 hours a week for around 6 months. It's not for everyone.

I always think the worst with things but I'm dead up for this. Just as long as companies don't turn around and say we coped fine with five days work done in four so we're going back to five days and we're increasing workload for the fifth.

I always think the worst with things but I'm dead up for this. Just as long as companies don't turn around and say we coped fine with five days work done in four so we're going back to five days and we're increasing workload for the fifth.

That's probably what will happen. If you can do 5 days work in 4 days, you can do 6.25 days work in 5 too.

Reactions: TLP