Forwards | Vital Football

Forwards

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Molyneux - try to sign on a permanent deal
Muir - keep, but play to his strengths
James - release, he isn't big enough to play up front and isn't a winger either!
Kabamba - try to sign on a permanent basis, but play to his strengths
Williams - never seen him play! Offer a pay when play deal or release.

Last edited:
Muir’s strength is his hold up play, the ability to protect and hold the ball until those in front or behind him create an opening to exploit.

Kabamba came here with a hunger and netted something like 5 in 5 in one spell. He knew exactly where the goal was even with his back to it, how do we train this instinct out of players like him and to a certain extent Muir? Bloody hell James came here with a record of one goal in every two appearances for Carlisle, we soon got him out of that routine.

Is it the training methods? Is it the trainers? We’re bringing decent players [at this level] into the club and turning them into sow’s ears, what is going on?
Is it deeper than those who pull on the shirt on a match-day?

We could have Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo as a front two and still not reach the pretendy play-offs in the National league, we’d probably turn them into parmo eating, Peroni drinking has beens I don’t know.

If I was the chairman I’d be looking at how come sides like Chesterfield and Dover looked dead and buried at one stage, yet one is top half and the other is top 15, both above us incidentally.

We need to take a long hard look at ourselves from top to bottom.
:red:

Agree with your point Billy2 but this has been happening for years.
The problem with our forwards is the lack of urgency or pace in our attacks, when the ball is played up front there isn't any midfielder or winger bursting forward in support. Similarly, if a wide player breaks forward there isn't anyone trying to challenge in front of goal for a cross. Hence the attacks fail and the ball played backwards.

Football is a simple game, and needs to be played with pace, purpose and a little skill.