Forum Notice | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forum Notice

So we need to start typing politely, with good manners, chivalry, gallantry, graciousness, consideration, respect, and gentility ....how does that all equate to a football site FFS ...ooops that translates to Fabulously Fair Statement...before I am banned!

I personally think things have been excellent on here since we have banned a few nob heads.

The post quality has improved massively.

Freund and Mutters have been top notch long term additions.

So, could we say something like “You Sir are an effing idiot, but in the most charming way”? ...just being civil

The issue is there aren't really any idiots on here. Everyone just blows up once in a while.

80, Since I started frequenting this side of Vital, I personally haven't noticed anything to warrant such moderating or 'Beware' signs. Like you said above "Everyone just blows up once in a while. ", but I must admit it soon blows over and normality is resumed. I think it's emotions and passion amongst other things that gets peeps venting their views, let's say, less diplomatically. On the whole I like the occasional storm in the tea cup. Adds some spice to the forum. IMO of course!

In all seriousness , I cannot see that there is much wrong on this site . It wasn't long ago that certain words were self censored as we typed them and posters had to find ways around that , " feck" for instance ,which I thought was ridiculous . It's a football forum on which posters are sometimes very emotional about the club they love . We all have different views on how we express those emotions . I hope we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders in case someone is offended .surely we need to keep banter going , otherwise this is going to get very boring.
It could be a very fine line on what is acceptable or not .
I'm not going to name names but one poster recently got warned about his reply to a poster that actually agreed to what he had said .i was gobsmacked when I read that ............. Is that not going to be accepted anymore . Surely stating what is perfectly true ,in that case , is not wrong .

Anyhow ,that's my twopennorth , if what I've said is wrong ,I will take it on the chin and review it all

In all seriousness , I cannot see that there is much wrong on this site . It wasn't long ago that certain words were self censored as we typed them and posters had to find ways around that , " feck" for instance ,which I thought was ridiculous . It's a football forum on which posters are sometimes very emotional about the club they love . We all have different views on how we express those emotions . I hope we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders in case someone is offended .surely we need to keep banter going , otherwise this is going to get very boring.
I'm not going to name names but one poster recently got warned about his reply to a poster that actually agreed to what he had said .i was gobsmacked when I read that ............. Is that not going to be accepted anymore . Surely stating what is perfectly true ,in that case , is not wrong .

Anyhow ,that's my twopennorth , if what I've said is wrong ,I will take it on the chin and review it all

Yeah think they did that because of me...I tend to type how I talk, and that involves cursing my damn Spurs out when they play like shite!

Yeah think they did that because of me...I tend to type how I talk, and that involves cursing my damn Spurs out when they play like shite!

You're not even on the radar as far as that sort of thing goes. There was a bit of stupidity a couple of weeks ago between two posters. That was the trigger for all this.

Yeah I got rid of the non swearing thing in my brief time as Site Editor. Had bugged me for years.

To try and conclude;

This was a noble attempt to try and stop a vendetta between a few posters developing - which as 80 has said has happened here and did get out of control.

Hell, even I went through a tough time not so long ago and didn't relaise that I was attacking any negative poster as quickly as I could just to have a good old slanging match..and to take it out on anyone I could - which I also did in the 'real' World.

Bottom line is generally we have a pretty good balance here, there are on occasions just those who want to spin the negative and aren't pragmatic or balanced at all - but all you have to do is read their recent posts to see if this is deliberate or not...and sadly there are still a couple of them left that do that waiting for someone to bite...!

happy days all :grinning::tophat: