Former Villa Players who 'moved on' to achieve | Page 3 | Vital Football

Former Villa Players who 'moved on' to achieve

The question is who moved on and achieved, every single one of them I mentioned went on and achieved trophies or bettering their career, including Mellberg and Laursen winning titles in Italy etc.

Yes both Deeney and Sturridge was at Villa academy.

Crouch doesn't matter if he wasn't a fit for us he still went on and achieved better winning the FA cup.

Laurson didn't move on. He retired with us due to ongoing injuries.

So you meant players who decided to move on by themselves to achieve, not players who were moved on and achieved.
Yes I did really - because I was so annoyed with that Southgate, have been for years really but my feelings have peaked recently. Still what does it matter if it brings out loads of names from the past - all good fun.

So glad Seville smashed them, and all he ever won was a player of the month I think it was in his playing career. Unless they won a league cup I’m forgetting?

It’s very personal to me, the Southgate thing. Personal in that he’s a very average manager who seems to have some godly light being shone his way.

He isn’t a winner, he isn’t inspirational, he isn’t a top master of the managerial game. He’s also from personal experience having met him once, a boring, dull bloke with very little personality. I don’t think he has the required level of respect from the junior players, and is treated like a supply teacher.
When he moved to a club of stature, maybe he thought the future umbrella man could help him climb the institutional ladder