Former failures | Vital Football

Former failures

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
Interesting article in the press about players we had on the books and couldn't get a performance out of:

Seydou Doumbia, (who I liked the look of when he had a couple of brief cameo's under McClaren) scored 20 goals for Basel last year and is now scoring goals in the champions league for Sporting Lisbon and keeping Bas Dost out of the side.

Facundo Ferreyra, who if I remember rightly was one of the reasons why KK walked, scoring goals for fun at domestic and champions league level for Shakhtar Donetsk. Not sure if we ever saw him on the pitch?

Even Riviere (who did look shite mind) scored against PSG at the weekend.

Maybe there is some truth in what they say about the premiership being such a difficult league?

Andreas Anderson springs to mind for me.

Spent almost every time he received the ball, giving us a twirl / spinning round on it.

Shocking goals tally per game. Made Ameobi look a natural.

Ferreya's signing was in 2014 so had nothing to do with Keegan going, though it's an understandable mistake as it seemed very similar to when the club overruled Keegan by signing Nacho Gonzalez. Agent favours .

Thanks mate, that's the kid I was thinking of, Nacho Gonzalez, if I recall correctly we never saw either of them on the pitch beyond maybe a short cameo from Gonzalez?