Forgive Me for Being Pessimistic... (Gills Related!) | Vital Football

Forgive Me for Being Pessimistic... (Gills Related!)

If he is finally ready to sell the club it is a step forward or backwards in my view.My guess is he would only sell to someone with real money so in theory it is a step forward.

For me it is better the devil you know with general mid table league one football with the occassional flirtation with the play offs.

For me it is better the devil you know with general mid table league one football with the occassional flirtation with the play offs.
Many would agree but to do so means having to sell players; if you don't do that, as the accounts demonstrate, you lose money.

Many would agree but to do so means having to sell players; if you don't do that, as the accounts demonstrate, you lose money.

Don’t mind that at all.

In the current climate, I’ll be extremely happy if we still have a club to support in a years time. I think there are going to be many supporters around the country that won’t have that luxury.

Investors from the USA considering a club like GFC doesn`t sound that silly IMO. Kent has attractive current and planned infra-structure and the strip from Gravesend down to the Medway towns is set to see further growth. Bearing in mind that re-locating the club could likely be an intrinsic part of the plan, re-locating is common place in American sports psyche, a new multi-purpose stadium in north Kent (or the site in Medway that PS is keen on) might be seen as a viable/potential vehicle to the Premiership.

Investors from the USA considering a club like GFC doesn`t sound that silly IMO. Kent has attractive current and planned infra-structure and the strip from Gravesend down to the Medway towns is set to see further growth. Bearing in mind that re-locating the club could likely be an intrinsic part of the plan, re-locating is common place in American sports psyche, a new multi-purpose stadium in north Kent (or the site in Medway that PS is keen on) might be seen as a viable/potential vehicle to the Premiership.
There’s no doubting the potential here (although apathy leaves a sore taste) and maybe in these times the time for investing in a League 1 team is right give. The question marks on the financial state of the Championship? Maybe change is finally coming?
I agree that Americans see new stadiums as key, which is why they go about replacing anything that’s 30-40 years old. That said, the main appeal is having an out-of-town job with tens of thousands of parking spaces which they can charge a season ticket figure per spot. The likes of Charlotte, Jacksonville and New Orleans with stadia that are in/walkable from the city centre seem a dying breed, particularly with the talk of Charlotte building an out-of-town dome for my stated reasons and Jaguars possibly moving to London.

I agree that Americans see new stadiums as key, which is why they go about replacing anything that’s 30-40 years old. That said, the main appeal is having an out-of-town job with tens of thousands of parking spaces which they can charge a season ticket figure per spot. The likes of Charlotte, Jacksonville and New Orleans with stadia that are in/walkable from the city centre seem a dying breed, particularly with the talk of Charlotte building an out-of-town dome for my stated reasons and Jaguars possibly moving to London.

Hmmm. Opposite philosophy is being done here in Australia.

The big new stadiums (Perth and Adelaide) are very much linked directly to the City precincts. Provides a massive boost to the economies of those Cities on match-day when 60,000 people filter out of the grounds looking for a feed, a few beers and a night out.

Win win.

Mind you, the whole of sport in this country is built around free public transport (from within that City) to the game included in your ticket.

And I suppose most Cities in UK wouldn’t particularly want 50k football fans invading their nightspots. Different breed of fans over here maybe.