Forget Bury & Northampton but who else? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forget Bury & Northampton but who else?

Both MK and Walsall only have one home game each left. MK have Southend and Walsall have Northampton.

Unfortunately, they both still have to go to Bradford who are on a terrible run (apart from beating us, obviously). Don't know if they think they are on their summer holidays now they have dropped out of the play off picture.

With Rochdale battling their way out of it, I would still on balance go for MK and Walsall

MK Dons home game is against Scunthorpe, not Southend....My 5 year old came home from school with 2 tickets in her school bag as part of Buckingham day which they do for an MK game each season...It's the Scunthorpe game so will be there to see them relegated!

I will say it again 54 points needed as it could well be the highest number of points to stay up for many years.

I will say it again 54 points needed as it could well be the highest number of points to stay up for many years.

So you reckon Rochdale & Oldham will win 3 of their last 4 games, and Dons and Walsall are going to win 2 of their last 4 games? All four have to do this, not just one of them.

(being pedantic Oldham could win 2 draw 2 to get past 54).

Disclaimer - I'd love 54+ as well. But if it's NEEDED I'll eat my hat.

Anyone remember playing Wycombe, when we'd only go down if we lost and 3 or 4 other teams won..?

Exactly LSB2. On last night's showing we won't score again this season (esp wirh Wilko). Still would like a 0 0 on Sat to be totally comfortable. Wycombe was 2nd only to Man City for me and my family. Abject.

Exactly LSB2. On last night's showing we won't score again this season (esp wirh Wilko). Still would like a 0 0 on Sat to be totally comfortable. Wycombe was 2nd only to Man City for me and my family. Abject.

We'll be fine. Wayne say's so.

MK Dons are done for. They need a win and two draws, or two wins just to get past Rochdale's current total & GD. Their fixtures are Southend away, Bradford away, home to Scunthorpe and away to Shrewsbury. They might not get another point as their last four games have brought zero points, 3 goals for and ten against. A loss to Southend will probably be fatal.

Last edited:
If anyone does think we could still go down, we're currently 66/1. A fiver on that and you could pay for next year's (League 2) season ticket.

I don't know what all the fuss is about; our goal difference is worth a point.

Not against Rochdale's it's not.

They are -8 and we are -5. For them to catch us, we will be losing games and they will be winning/drawing them, so which direction do you think those goal differences will be going from now onwards?

Not against Rochdale's it's not.

They are -8 and we are -5. For them to catch us, we will be losing games and they will be winning/drawing them, so which direction do you think those goal differences will be going from now onwards?

That is very true about Rochdale. And they are also on a run and may well get over 52.

But as I pointed out earlier in the thread, it would take 4 or 5 teams below us to do that, not just Rochdale. And the others all have way worse GD.

If we are losing, our GD will be catching up with theirs though if they are winning...
I do actually think we'll be fine, but this is The Gills... lol

I just have a feeling that in our customary style we will need at least a point against Plymouth on the last day

By mid-March in days of old, the season would have been over; now we can look forward to excitement right through to the end.

By mid-March in days of old, the season would have been over; now we can look forward to excitement right through to the end.
After the performance last night I think the word "excitement" is not really appropriate for GFC unless you were talking about the whole relegation situation for the 8 bottom clubs. Last night's results have made nothing much clearer in the fight to avoid the drop - note how Oxford are still in the mix and on a bad run.