Forest vs Wycombe sponsored by throwing good money after bad | Page 11 | Vital Football

Forest vs Wycombe sponsored by throwing good money after bad

It’s taken a while , and we had no major new manager “ bounce “ when Chris Hughton first came in , but I can really see progress and what he’s trying to do here.

I hope the owners just give him a couple of seasons to do his job and assist him in doing so , he’s one of the few managers I trust and have confidence in to see this through to a successful conclusion.

Agree, but there is not a cats in hell chance the EM will give him a couple of season. Keeping faith until the end of this season would be a good start

It’s taken a while , and we had no major new manager “ bounce “ when Chris Hughton first came in , but I can really see progress and what he’s trying to do here.

I hope the owners just give him a couple of seasons to do his job and assist him in doing so , he’s one of the few managers I trust and have confidence in to see this through to a successful conclusion.

But we did get a "new manager bounce" When Hughton came through the door we had played four and lost four; we won his first game in charge, and went on a won three, drawn three, lost one run in his first seven games.

We then regressed largely through the number of injuries we picked up.

Thankfully the last 10 games have shown that the initial bounce was not a dead cat bounce.

But we did get a "new manager bounce" When Hughton came through the door we had played four and lost four; we won his first game in charge, and went on a won three, drawn three, lost one run in his first seven games.

We then regressed largely through the number of injuries we picked up.

Thankfully the last 10 games have shown that the initial bounce was not a dead cat bounce.
Not sure about injuries- we regressed when we played the top 7 in the space of 7 games. Once that run was over we started doing better again.

Our record against the top teams is miserable this season, one of the things we could do with addressing if we can

Not sure about injuries- we regressed when we played the top 7 in the space of 7 games. Once that run was over we started doing better again.

Our record against the top teams is miserable this season, one of the things we could do with addressing if we can

Yes, we had a very tough run of fixtures but we might have done a little better had Mckenna not been out for 7 games, Grabban for 11 games and Freeman and Colback for 14 games; Worrall was also missing when Hughton arrived at the Club and missed 12 games.

That is a big chunk of the squad to be without

Pope, going to hold my hands up and say I was probably a little bit harsh the other night but I seem to recall you saying you're 37 so surely you can remember Peterborough away in 1994?

My first couple of games were that season, one with my grandad and one with school. But I was ten and no one in my family was a regular. It wasn't until the next time we were in division 1 that I started being able to go regularly; I think I was probably 14, and even then it was towards the end of the season

My first couple of games were that season, one with my grandad and one with school. But I was ten and no one in my family was a regular. It wasn't until the next time we were in division 1 that I started being able to go regularly; I think I was probably 14, and even then it was towards the end of the season

I was 6 when I was looking for me dad at that game and going crazy when Francis scored.

Pope, going to hold my hands up and say I was probably a little bit harsh the other night but I seem to recall you saying you're 37 so surely you can remember Peterborough away in 1994?

My God one of my best days ever. Collymore and pearce were immense that day. Me and my mate were the 2 sad fucks standing in the Peterborough end behind the goal, while forest took over 3 sides of the ground!!! People on the floodlights

My God one of my best days ever. Collymore and pearce were immense that day. Me and my mate were the 2 sad fucks standing in the Peterborough end behind the goal, while forest took over 3 sides of the ground!!! People on the floodlights
Lee Glover got us into the players bar after this game too. He went to school in our town (Corby) and I played against him many many times for school and local football. Was always a bit hard to hear the fans get on his back when he was a mate, amazing player growing up, every club in the country wanted him

Lee Glover got us into the players bar after this game too. He went to school in our town (Corby) and I played against him many many times for school and local football. Was always a bit hard to hear the fans get on his back when he was a mate, amazing player growing up, every club in the country wanted him

Didn’t he make his Forest debut at 16 or 17? He was very unfortunate with an early injury. Paul McGregor and Sean Dyche in the Reservoir Red Dogs podcast have both made reference to Glover being a highly regarded player at youth level.

Well, this summer he has a real chance as we are clearing a lot of loans and out of contract players. Which makes the Cafu signing all the more bizarre. The only real deadwood under contract (I think) would be Bong, Jenks, and we do need to move one of Arter, Colback or Cafu. Likely Arter.
Not sure we could afford Knocks, but you never know? Would we try and sign Krov to rotate with Brennan Johnson?

I reckon Bong will be an important player over the next 18 months and by the time we’re in Jan next year we’ll be discussing whether to offer him a new contract.

Sparky? If I think what you mean by sparky is correct then I don't recall a single bit of trouble anywhere that day until we stopped off in Loughborough on the way back but even that was nothing

I seem to recall some bother near the Railway Station, other than that it was pretty quiet.

That was a roller coaster season!

Losing 6 and only winning 4 of our first 14 games; its a good job there was no www in those days.

Signing Bohinen appeared to be the missing piece of the jigsaw; we then went unbeaten through to February and then, after a couple of defeats, won 10 of our last 16 games.

The Peterborough game felt like an anti climax after beating Derby at the Baseball Ground three days earlier, and being around 8 points clear of 3rd place.

Going two down soon changed that.

Was otherwise occupied on matchday - it was my ex's birthday and she came over to spend hours making quiches.

You may laugh, but anyone coming round in lockdown is a bonus.

My thought was a 3-0 win, but I didn't dare say so. Delighted to find it happened.

After watching match replay, I dispute the 'fell back in defence after scoring' trope.

We scored a superb goal, Murray reminding us what a striker is, then it became cut and thrust.

Kafu did superbly to set Knockaert up for a shot the keeper tipped onto the post. They did score, but chalked off for offside, but we were defending on the front foot, happy to boot it out for a throw in.

By the end, there were signs that we now have a team rather than a set of individuals.

It started to look like people knew what they were doing and could string a few passes together.

This might not sound like a lot, but it's a good start.