Forest vs Swansea - Match Fred sponsored by play-off capitulation | Page 20 | Vital Football

Forest vs Swansea - Match Fred sponsored by play-off capitulation

Grabban has to play. He thrives on goals and if he can hit one against Barnsley and Stoke, he goes with confidence into the play offs.

To rest him would be folly.
the man
Grabban has to play. He thrives on goals and if he can hit one against Barnsley and Stoke, he goes with confidence into the play offs.

To rest him would be folly.
"thrives" funny.

Getting back to the original point, I still believe Lamouchi has done better with worse players at his disposal than Freedman. I know that period with FFP was awful, and would have added to the weight on his shoulders, but if Lamouchi had that squad, he would have had them there, or thereabouts.

Didnt players suddenly become fit when DD left as well?

Why don't you go along and ask him chap? He's stood on Wollaton Rd right now with his fritters out

I did wonder why he was hanging around there chap but then realised he's right outside the Big Fish chippy. Just when you think this sick f*****k***r can't sink any lower, but here we are

Yes, excellent in the sense that he could not tackle or pass or that his positional sense could not have been any worse if he had played blind folded or that he was about as effective in the air as a bag of cement.

He is right up there as one of our worst ever centre halves and we have had some shockers over the years

As I said in my post, he had a very good start and fell away..

From my memory, Mancienne started off really well under Pearce as did most players. His form dipped once he was made captain after the injuries to Reid and Cohen, and the form of the whole team dipped.

I do still think that had the likes of Reid, Hobbs and Britt stayed fit then SP could well have finished in the top 6. The football might not have been much better but we would have had enough match-winners and goal threats there to see us through.

The football under Dour Doug was mind-numbingly dull at times. We had that bounce after he first took over when we played some great counter-attacking football but that was about as good as it got. We did have a good unbeaten run which he deserved credit for, but even then the football was poor at times.

What did it for me was in one of his final post-match interviews - it may even have been his last game - he was asked what he would do to break us out of the bad run we were in. His response was "We need to go back to basics again" which has been his response during previous bad runs of form.

I think we'd have forever been stuck in a cycle with DF of going on a bad run of form, then going "back to basics" where the football would be poor but we might scrape a few good results, then he'd try to play more of an expansive style and we'd go on another poor run, then back to basic etc etc.

I don’t agree regarding SP. Even when we won those opening games, the football was fairly aimless and won by individuals being good players. Once the euphoria and initial momentum driven by fans chanting psycho went, the results followed. He lost key players in the first few games I agree, but he had so many players at his disposal, got players like Tom Ince on loan and it was still dreadful. Just long ball or passing amongst the back line and holding midfielders.

I always remember thinking it was weird when he played Assombalonga and Antonio only a couple of day’s after signing them in the first game against Blackpool despite having a whole pre season with a group of players who would have surely learned his tactics?

I think SP’s problem is he that he’s tried so hard to shake the ‘psycho’ stigma that he’s become a bit passionless in management and I thought that was reflected in the passion on the field.

In regards to DF, I’m certainly not a fan. I’ll never forget when we had Leeds, who weren’t exactly top of the championship and we were still in with a slim chance of the play offs but needed every point and when asked on forests official channel about the game, he said “I’d take a point”. Thought it showed a real loser mentality and answers the question for those wondering what the difference is between Lamouchi and Freedman - one wants to win, the other doesn’t want to lose.

I have sent OKD several messages regarding the ignore machine but he has left me unread.

Clearly far too busy trying to catch Vital Magnate, Stret up.

Fascist

I don’t agree regarding SP. Even when we won those opening games, the football was fairly aimless and won by individuals being good players. Once the euphoria and initial momentum driven by fans chanting psycho went, the results followed. He lost key players in the first few games I agree, but he had so many players at his disposal, got players like Tom Ince on loan and it was still dreadful. Just long ball or passing amongst the back line and holding midfielders.

I always remember thinking it was weird when he played Assombalonga and Antonio only a couple of day’s after signing them in the first game against Blackpool despite having a whole pre season with a group of players who would have surely learned his tactics?

I think SP’s problem is he that he’s tried so hard to shake the ‘psycho’ stigma that he’s become a bit passionless in management and I thought that was reflected in the passion on the field.

In regards to DF, I’m certainly not a fan. I’ll never forget when we had Leeds, who weren’t exactly top of the championship and we were still in with a slim chance of the play offs but needed every point and when asked on forests official channel about the game, he said “I’d take a point”. Thought it showed a real loser mentality and answers the question for those wondering what the difference is between Lamouchi and Freedman - one wants to win, the other doesn’t want to lose.

Plus Lamouchi is dashing. Hes the best looking manager we have had since Calderwood. He just oozes with sexiness.

A bit like Mao

Looks like Will has you on ignore young @AdebolaCornflakes . Not that I can blame him. Since I popped your toodle on ignore, the forum has been back to its wonderful best.

He's fallen out with me chap because he gets jealous when he sees me quoting you.

I've told him there's nothing to get jealous over because you're a total c****t but love works in mysterious ways chap x

Too long baby